So while I’m off doing pet visits, I thought I’d entertain you with some Q & A about little old me. And if you don’t care, now’s your chance to peace out. 🙂
I’m definitely not a stranger to the Liebster Award, however, when I am nominated by a fellow blogger, I’m always touched and I can’t just ignore what has been asked of me and what I can pass along to others. SO here’s the deal, since I’ve been nominated previously, I’m going to leave this open so that if you want to grab the questions and run with the idea and nominate some of YOUR new or fave bloggers, by all means, go for it. I’m flattered, honoured and touched to have been nominated, so thank you kindly.
So on October 3rd, Ellen over at Ask Away Blog ominated me for the Liebster Award – thank you thank you, again Ellen. Let’s talk rules first:
The Rules for My Nominees
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions designated by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate up to 11 other new bloggers with less than 200 followers and notify them.
- Give your nominees a list of questions they have to answer.
- Display the Liebster Award Logo on your page.
- List these six rules on your post.
These were the questions Ellen posed to her nominees:
- If a movie was made of your life, what genre would it be and who would play you?
I’ve seen this question come up numerous times in my lifetime and I honestly don’t know what to say about it. I have no idea who I act like, or if I look like anyone famous and I’d like to say that the genre would be a drama turning around into a feel-good story? I dunno. Lol!
2. What is one of your weird quirks?
I’m terrified of spiders and anything with more than 4 legs!
3. What is the first thing you do when you get up in the morning?
I hit snooze and wish it wasn’t quite morning yet.
4. Describe yourself in three words.
Caring, loving, passionate.
5. What is the one thing you have always wanted to do?
Go to Kenya.
6. Who do you admire the most and why?
My Mom, because she’s been both my mother and father growing up and she literally means the world to me. I am so blessed to have her as my mom.
7. If you had access to a time machine, where and when would you go?
I could go many different ways and places with this one. I’d love to go back in time to spend five minutes with my father before he got sick and died.
I could go back in time and not run the white rhino into extinction, or save all those elephants that died in vain, all for folklore and a god damn trinket.
I could go back in time and really appreciate and savor those early days of
8. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
The people I’ve met. I’ve met so many wonderful and kind people online.
9. If you could add a person to Mt Rushmore, who would it be and why?
10. What is your favorite book and why?
Favorite, eh? Hmm that’s a tough one. English or French? In French, I’d have to say Le Petit Prince and maybe for English, James Frey’s “A Million Little Pieces” or “My friend Leonard”, or lastly, Matt Logelin’s “Maddy and Me”. Something about the use of the author’s words (for each of the aforementioned – so raw and I felt like I was living alongside them in their books).
And then………. one month later, Tiffany over at Arrows and Awe nominated me, how cool is that?
Questions for Tiffany’s Nominees:
- How do you come up with your blog name?
The Flynnnigans is a variation of my married last name and just a nick name that sounds good. A few of our friends call us The Flynnigans.
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- What is your favorite store to shop for home goods?
Bed, Bath and Beyond, HomeSense, Winners.
- How would you describe your decorating style?
Traditional but I’d love to have a home that is modern or contemporary. I love clean lines, nothing cluttered or too busy.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Can I pick a few places? Kenya, Maldives, Galapagos, Curacao, Barbados.
- What is your favorite way to vacation? (I leave for a cruise in 28 days! I want to know do you like cruising, flying to your destination or something else?)
I’ve been on two cruises: one in the Caribbean and the other touring around the Greek Islands. I don’t like the confinement of being on a ship and you’re also constrained by the times the ship leaves port, when you have to be back by and I feel like you’re constantly clock watching. So I’d have to say flying but traveling from London to France by train was pretty cool, cost-efficient, quick and a great way to see the countryside.
- What has been your biggest challenge with your blog so far?
Scheduling posts in a consistent manner. Too much going on in life for me to plan anything out/find more time to draft so I just do what I can and try not to put too many expectations on myself so I don’t let myself down.
- What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
Ummm, I have no idea. I’m kind of boring? Craziest, okay, here’s one. Getting a double tongue piercing. How’s that?
- What was the best birthday you’ve ever had?
Every single year I’m blessed, so they’re all really special to me.
- What is your favorite family tradition?
Getting together for dinners, going on trips together (with my family), going to the gun club (with Jeff’s side of the family.
Enjoy your weekend!! 🙂