Welcome to the 10 Things Link Up!! We are six months months deep into this awesome weekly link up that Krysten, from Why Girls Are Weird and I both introduced in late Summer 2015. Last week and the week of Christmas was quiet, but things picked back up again last week! Let’s spread some happiness and gratitude, and encourage others to share their happy/grateful things and link up, too.! The purpose of this weekly Friday space is where we can all share our posts of 10 things made us happy or 10 things we were/are grateful for this week.
It continues to grow each week, which is awesome and I’m glad that I’ve had so much positive feedback about it. Sometimes all it takes is gentle reminders of things that make us grateful or appreciative. I mean, we live in a world full of senseless violence, poverty, famine, and tragedy – reflecting on the positive, I find, makes me open my eyes a bit more to appreciate the little things… Don’t you agree?
We switched things up a few weeks ago with a new #10things button that we’ll be using for the next while, so feel free to swap out the old (if you haven’t already) and bring in the new!
The rules are below (keep reading). Please remember that this is not a link dump; if it’s not an appropriate link, it will be deleted. I suspect next Friday things will be more active and we’ll be back more into the swing of things.
10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week
1. Freshly groomed little boys. They’re so soft and fluffy.
2. Weekends when I work, I love coming back home because the boys get SO excited to see me and they react like I’ve been gone hundreds of years and I’ve abandoned them. It’s nice to be loved.
3. Jeff was sweet as pie on Sunday evening. I had two pet visits left and there was a ton of black ice on the roads after it rained all day (which then turned to a white out) so offered to drive me to my visits and wait in the car. How sweet is he!
4. Playing in the snow with the dogs. The sheer joy they have when they’re frolicking is just beyond precious. #smilesfordays #lifeisbetterwithadog
6. Hydrotherapy. All of the professionals and other pet parents there that we’ve made friends with in the last six months. It’s be a really great journey and not what I expected. Charlie went to his 55th hydro session on Monday. Woo!
7. I got huge compliments from an elderly yogi and it was so humbling. I have to make it my mission to do more yoga this year. I definitely fell out of it in 2015.
8. A new sweater from my mom.
9. Heat and warmth. It’s been really cold in the last week, so any chance to cuddle up under a blanket, or to snuggle the dogs, I was all over it!
10. Finally coming to terms and accepting that certain friendships are over. And you know what? Letting shit go is such a great feeling. I guess that right there is growth…
Bonus: It’s my sweet Baxter’s 8th birthday today!! 🙂
And those were the 10 things that made me happy this week. 🙂
I’ll be back on Monday or Tuesday with my Weekend Recap – I’m already up north with Jeff for a long weekend visiting his parents and also competing in an action shooting match. What are you doing this weekend?
I swear, this is the last time I say it: Happy New Years to you all and my very best wishes for 2016! I hope it is a great one!!
Have a fabulous weekend my friends!! xox
Finally, the link up….