Happy Friday and Welcome to the 10 Things That Made Me Happy Link Up!!
We are six months deep into this awesome weekly link up that Krysten, from Why Girls Are Weird and I both introduced back in late August, 2015. The goal is to spread some happiness and gratitude, and encourage others to share their happy/grateful things of the week.
It isn’t complicated or ambiguous. The purpose of this weekly space is so that we all have a place where we can share our posts of 10 things made us happy or 10 things we were/are grateful for this week.
The link up continues to grow each week, which is awesome and I’m proud that we’ve had so much positive feedback about it. Sometimes all it takes is gentle reminders of things that make us grateful or appreciative. I mean, we live in a world full of senseless violence, poverty, famine, and tragedy – reflecting on the positive, I find, makes me open my eyes a bit more to appreciate the little things… Don’t you agree?
We switched things up awhile ago with a new #10things button that we’ll be using for the next while, so feel free to swap out the old (if you haven’t already) and bring in the new!
The rules are below (keep reading). Please remember that this is not a link dump; if it’s not an appropriate link, it will be deleted. I suspect next Friday things will be more active and we’ll be back more into the swing of things.
10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week
- Jeff came home early last weekend (ahead of a forecasted snow storm up north) and surprised me early on Saturday morning. #hefinallysucceededatsurprisingme #finally
- Newfie kisses. Maximus was a breeze to walk last week, he was just so chill.
- Jeff scored me some Reebok Nano 4.0’s that were on clearance and then got an additional 40% off, coming in at just under $41!! I luuuuuurrrvve them; they’re so comfy!
- Talking to co-workers about mental health and being proactive. I’ve lost two family members to suicide in the last month. Suicide does not discriminate age, gender, race, socio-economic class, or anything like that. Depression and anxiety are no joke; please reach out and talk to someone if you think you need it.
- Chatting with a friend and reminiscing about her boy, Kramer, who passed away last year from cancer. His personality was out of this world and he left behind a legacy of other Leonbergers to carry on his bloodline. He was such a handsome and lovely boy and I really miss him.
- Chipotle bowls. They are just so damn good, I could eat the bowls until the end of time and I’d be a happy woman.
- New gym outfits, head to toe.
- Entire days spent with my love, even at times when we drive each other nuts. Fourteen years with your best friend can do that to a couple.
- Getting back into yoga. I’ve missed it and I always feel so grounded and humbled afterwards.
- Dog snuggles.
And those were the 10 things that made me happy this week. 🙂
We’ve got a long weekend this weekend, I’ll be staying home with all the dogs while Jeff heads up north for a shooting match with his Dad.
I’ll be back on Monday or Tuesday with a Weekend Recap, followed by the #LetsBeFriends Blog Hop on Tuesday and Blog Paws Wordless Wednesday next Wednesday.
What are your plans for this weekend?
Have a fabulous weekend my friends!! xox
Finally, the link up….