Happy Friday and Welcome to the 10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week Link Up!!
Krysten from Why Girls Are Weird and I both introduced this link up back in late August, 2015 because we both thought it was good practice to reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, no matter how big or small. Others enjoyed the theme and so, we thought it would be a good idea to create a link up and encourage others to share their happy/grateful things of the week, too. If you missed it a few weeks ago, we have a third person that will be hosting with Krysten and I and she is a good friend of ours both. Please welcome Charlotte, from My Pixie Blog who will now be hosting with us every week, so don’t forget to go visit her blog. Charlotte is in Amsterdam (Hi Charlotte! So jealous of your adventures!) this week so don’t be surprised if she’s quiet on the web or doesn’t post the link up today or next Friday.
So – 10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week: It isn’t complicated or ambiguous. The purpose of this weekly space is so that we all have a place where we can share our posts of 10 things made us happy or 10 things we were/are grateful for this week. That’s it.
Sometimes all it takes is gentle reminders of things that make us grateful or appreciative. I mean, we live in a world full of senseless violence, poverty, famine, and tragedy – reflecting on the positive, I find, makes me open my eyes a bit more to appreciate the little things… Don’t you agree?
Please remember that this is not a link dump; if it’s not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.
At long last, FRIDAY, amiright?! It’s been a stupid long, busy and exhausting week but let’s stop the complaining and get on to the good things that happened in the last week.
Today is the letter ‘S’ in the #AtoZChallenge that I’m participating in for the entire month of April. Today’s word is “Spending” as in spending money. With my bonus that I received last week, we were able to purchase the rest of our spending money for our trip, which is exciting. We don’t have to worry any more about setting aside enough funds every pay cheque. We’ve already banked on going for at least 10 dives (scuba), which will more than likely turn into anywhere from 10 to 14 dives, since we love it so much. And then the rest is just play money, spending money for doing touristy things and eating out. I can’t wait. 81 days until we leave for Barbados!!!
10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week
- Before I had even chosen the word of the day for the #AtoZChallenge, I had on my happy list that I was happy we have all of our spending money set aside for our trip in July. Not only that, I gifted myself with a new Fuji (XP90) camera that I can dive with to 50 ft. Yes, we have a GoPro but that thing is so small, I’m afraid of it dropping and falling into the depths further than the eye can see. Did I mention that our last Fuji we had was an XP10, which was rated for 10 feet. One day, in the harbour on the catamaran before we set sail, I dropped the camera through the netting and I thought it was gone forever. The depth of the harbour was 30 feet deep so I basically chalked it as a stupid mistake and a loss. Well, later that day, after returning to the harbour after about 5 to 6 hours, one of the catamaran crew offered to go have a look and see if he could find it, so that at least I could salvage my memory card. He free dove down a couple of times to the bottom and on his second or third attempt, came back up with the camera in hand. Not only that, but IT WORKED! It still works, a few years later. Fuji makes damn good cameras and to know that it survived at 30 feet deep for hours and hours when it was only rated for 10 feet deep made me happy and further emphasized what a good camera it is/was. I’m sure the new camera can go deeper but I wouldn’t want to push and why bother, that’s what the GoPro is for. 🙂
- Having a nice, impromptu dinner out last Saturday evening.
- Sitting on a dock down by a lake in Huntsville, Ontario last weekend. It was such a beautiful day and the lake was like glass.
- Warm, unseasonably mild temperatures this past week. I’m loving it – you won’t hear me complain for one second!
- Having a functioning kitchen faucet. You should’ve seen the accumulation of dishes after just a short 24 hours of having the kitchen water turned off. Thankfully Jeff was able to fix it and we didn’t have to splurge on a new one. (Who knew that Moen products are guaranteed for life!!)
- Groomed little boys. I just love how soft they are just after being groomed. They look so adorable. 🙂
- I’m grateful for breaking down walls and having emotional release this week. It’s a relief.
- I’m grateful to work with some pretty wonderful people that appreciate me.
- I’m grateful for the good news that my Physiotherapist told me that I can start incorporating weights back into foundational movements. Although I can’t quite go back to BodyPump, Combat and Shred just yet, it’s positive progress.
- I’m just simply grateful to be alive. I feel truly blessed.
– – – – –
Plans this weekend are Jeff working overtime today and possibly tomorrow. The boys will be going to my mom’s house for the weekend for some quality ‘Nana’ time while we head up north again to get some practice time in at the gun club before our May match in Ottawa. The weather has been great all week so hopefully we’ll be back early enough on Sunday to get some mileage/training in for our 75 bike ride we’re doing at the beginning of June.
What have YOU got on the agenda this weekend? Make sure it’s a good one, my friends. xo
Finally, the link up….