Happy Friday and Welcome to the 10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week Link Up!!
Krysten from Why Girls Are Weird and I both introduced this link up back in late August, 2015 because we both thought it was good practice to reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, no matter how big or small. Others enjoyed the theme and so, we thought it would be a good idea to create a link up and encourage others to share their happy/grateful things of the week, too. If you missed it a few weeks ago, we have a third person that will be hosting with Krysten and I and she is a good friend of ours both. Please welcome Charlotte, from My Pixie Blog who will now be hosting with us every week, so don’t forget to go visit her blog. Charlotte has been in beautiful Amsterdam for the last week so she won’t be hosting but check back for her return next week.
Sometimes all it takes is gentle reminders of things that make us grateful or appreciative. I mean, we live in a world full of senseless violence, poverty, famine, and tragedy – reflecting on the positive, I find, makes me open my eyes a bit more to appreciate the little things… Don’t you agree?
Please remember that this is not a link dump; if it’s not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.
10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week
- We took the scenic drive (read: not the highway) home from up north last Sunday. It was gorgeous.
- Saw not one, but TWO moose! Haven’t seen any in years.
- Cleaning!! Been cleaning, sorting, shredding, organizing and tossing up a storm the last week.
- We started a strict 30-day paleo plan. The change: no cheating whatsoever.
- Seeing just how happy the boys get when Daddy gets home from working a long 13 hour day.
- Working from home on Wednesday was kinda nice.
- Having a nap and spooning my dogs. Nothing better than that right there.
- Kombucha tea. I’ve had my fair share in the last week.
- Wednesday’s therapy session was an insightful one and I didn’t cry at all. I know most of these concepts are familiar with everyone but I’m learning to truly let shit go and that I am in control of and responsible for my own actions and my behavior, no one else is.
- Jeff bought me some Puma sports bras that are pretty darn comfy. 🙂 Thanks Jeffy!
– – – – –
Today’s letter of the day is ‘Y’ in the #AtoZChallenge that I’m participating in for the entire month of April (don’t worry, I’m almost finished with it). Today’s word is “YES” as in “YES, IT’S THE WEEKEND!” I’m just a little excited/happy about that.
This weekend is my pet sitting weekend, so I’ll be recapping My Weekend Adventures in Pet Sitting and Dog Walking on Monday or Tuesday. I’ve got 25 visits scheduled and I will borrowing my mom’s car because hey, I bought a car that I cannot drive. No, seriously. I’m learning how to drive stick, the problem is finding time to go out, with Jeff working a lot of overtime these last few weeks, to appointments and everything else. Life. By the time dinner is done, it’s too late to go out. It’s very frustrating, let me tell you. I can’t just pick up and go to the grocery store to get bananas if I wanted to, because I’ll stall the car or panic and then get rear ended because everyone is always in such a god damn hurry. I’ve toyed with putting a sign on the back of the car that says “Go Around – new driver”… Lol! I’ll get it, with time and practice…..oh yeah, and breathing!
What have YOU got on the agenda this weekend? Make sure it’s a good one, my friends. xo
Finally, the link up….