Happy Friday and Welcome to the 10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week Link Up!!
Krysten from Why Girls Are Weird and I both introduced this link up back in late August, 2015 because we both thought it was good practice to reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, no matter how big or small. Others enjoyed the theme and so, we thought it would be a good idea to create a link up and encourage others to share their happy/grateful things of the week, too. If you missed it a few weeks ago, we have a third person that will be hosting with Krysten and I and she is a good friend of ours both. Please welcome Charlotte, from My Pixie Blog who will now be hosting with us every week, so don’t forget to go visit her blog. Charlotte is back from her wonderful vacation in Amsterdam so she will be likely hopping in on the fun this week again!
Sometimes all it takes is gentle reminders of things that make us grateful or appreciative. I mean, we live in a world full of senseless violence, poverty, famine, and tragedy – reflecting on the positive, I find, makes me open my eyes a bit more to appreciate the little things… Don’t you agree?
Please remember that this is not a link dump; if it’s not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.
10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week
- Last Friday evening, I had some play time with Ben, my pet sitting boss’ black Lab. Whenever he sees me, I swear he thinks I’m a litter mate of his and he gets the sillies.
- Friendly Siamese cats. I just love em!
- Spending a hooky day with Jeff. They’re always so much better than actually going to work.
- Exploring new places. Who knew such a gorgeous place existed not so far from where we live?
- Running into an old friend on the train ride home Wednesday.
- Waking up in the middle of the night to find Baxter had brought a bone to bed. Not the time or place, fella, at 3 a.m., but dang so adorable. I couldn’t help but smile.
- Getting back into biking now that the nicer, spring weather is upon us. We’re doing a 75 km charity ride the first Sunday in June.
- Getting back to the mat. Yoga. Somehow I always forget just how awesome I feel leaving class. I must practice more yoga.
- Laughing like a crazed maniac with Jeff. He accepts me through and through, even when I’m being silly or ridiculous.
- Deciding to say f it and not make egg muffins, bacon and put together salads and hard boiled eggs for lunch today. We biked 15kms and I wanted nothing more than to veg and pass out when I got home. So today, I buy breakfast and lunch. I never, ever ever buy lunch.
– – – – –
I’m going out for lunch with my mom on Saturday for early Mother’s Day. Jeff is going out for the day with his dad and brother to a shooting match and then I think afterwards, we’re going to head up north for the night to see Jeff’s mom who seems to be getting worse by the day. Sad… But anways… What have YOU got on the agenda this weekend? Make sure it’s a good one, my friends. xo
Want to hop in on the fun?