Happy Friday and Welcome to the 10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week Link Up!!
Each Friday, Krysten from Why Girls Are Weird, Charlotte, from My Pixie Blog and I host a link up where we reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically in the last week.
Sometimes all it takes is gentle reminders of things that make us grateful or appreciative. We live in a world full of disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – reflecting on the positive, I personally find makes me more aware and appreciative of the little things.
Don’t you agree?
When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it’s not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.
10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week
1. Some quiet time to myself. Being an only child, I love being by myself.
2. Cutting fresh peonies from my mom’s backyard. And then waking up to such a beautiful aroma first thing in the morning. #bliss
(One of my mom’s dogs, Delilah)
4. Cantaloupe and vanilla ice cream. It is such a refreshing combination in the warm weather.
5. Crying with laughter going through Snapchat filters with Jeffy. Lol! Man, there are some good blackmail photos on Jeff’s phone now. If you have snapchat, add me: theflynnigans6288
Here’s a sampler of a solo snapchat selfie
6. Getting back to BodyPump. It was about 3 months since I had been to a class, one reason was the car accident and following whip lash, but I going to BP classes because my friend Liane quit teaching them, that and my legs were getting like tree trunks. I’ve noticed a lot of back strength lost so now that I’m completed physiotherapy, I’m going to be adding back in one BP class a week.
7. Friends that I can be real with that get me yet don’t ask me to change or be someone I’m not.
8. The boys had their annual Vet visit this past week and we have good news to report! Both of the boys are doing great! Both of Charlie’s knees are in good shape and Baxter is in excellent shape – he is “a sturdy, solid boy”. He was none too happy about the needles he received but he did give the gentlest kiss to the vet when she was done. I guess he forgave her. 🙂
9. Stretching and rolling out on a foam roller = heaven for my sore quads and hamstrings. My muscles have been so sore this week and it is like music to my ears when I stretch/roll it out.
10. Going for a bike ride at dusk with Jeff and a friend we haven’t seen in a while. It was nice to catch up with him.
We haven’t got too much going on this weekend… Saturday we have to head down to Toronto to a dive shop to get our scuba regs serviced, as well as I have to pick up some new booties and fins and Jeff has to pick up a new mask (aka, it’s going to be an expensive weekend). Sunday we are taking out my step dad for a nice lunch.
Before I forget, do you like GIVEAWAYS? Enter the $100 Starbucks Card!
What have YOU got on the agenda this weekend?
Make sure it’s a good one, my friends. xo
Want to hop in on the fun?
**Prize: $100 Starbucks Gift Card**
This Giveaway has been organized by: Oh My Gosh Beck! (Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.)
Rules: Use the Rafflecopter below form to enter daily. Giveaway ends 6/30 and is open worldwide. Winner will be notified via email.
Are you a blogger who wants to participate in giveaways like these to grow your blog? Click here to find out how you can join a totally awesome group of bloggers!