Happy Friday and Welcome to the ’10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week’ Link Up!!
Each Friday, Krysten from Why Girls Are Weird, Charlotte, from My Pixie Blog and I host a link up where we reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically in the last week.
Sometimes all it takes is gentle reminders of things that make us grateful or appreciative. We live in a world full of disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – reflecting on the positive, I personally find makes me more aware and appreciative of the little things.
Don’t you agree?
When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.
I have plenty of things I’m happy and/or grateful for these last two weeks and they are:
1. Going out to the horse track for an afternoon with the family in Barbados. I really enjoyed myself more than I had thought and it was a fun day out.
2. SUP (stand up paddle boarding). So much fun!! I had never tried it before and loved it. My momma and I went on Sunday the 11th.
3. Diving. Words can’t describe how incredible and special it is to be able to go to the depths … Many never get to see what’s below the surface and I always feel blessed when I’m able to see and experience that.
4. Holding hands with Jeff when we ascend diving and doing our safety stops.It’s cute. 🙂
5. Meeting new people on vacation.
6. Playing with and petting a 10 month old green monkey named Bruce. He was so, so sweet.
7. Falling asleep to the sound of the ocean.
8. Hiking around the island and despite visiting 8 times (only) we always manage to find new places to explore.
9. Having the opportunity to see some of the horses from the race track head down to the ocean for a swim at dawn. It was incredibly beautiful, peaceful and fun to see.
11. Catamarans. They’re just awesome!!
16. Catching up on some reading while I was away. I always crush books on holidays.
17. The happy, HAPPY homecoming when we arrived back home and saw the dogs. I dread when vacation is over like the rest of us, but the one thing I most look forward to is reuniting with the my fur babies. 💗
18. Taking a day yesterday to sleep, do some grocery shopping and acclimating to regular life and sleeping (I couldn’t sleep when we got home Aednesday night.) I always say I should always book a day on the end of my vacations to get my ish together, but I never do. So this time, I did.
19. This picture: it’s got the most likes I’ve ever ever had for a pic on IG.
20. A clean house (thanks Alex!), fresh flowers and unpacked … Generally feeling good where life has currently brought me and us. #lifeisgood
21. While laying on the living room floor looking over my weekend schedule, Charles, out of nowhere, comes and flops down on my papers and it was a great time to be interrupted for some puppy love. <3
I’m working this weekend (pet visits) but I’m working on some Barbados posts to share. I took over 1400 pictures on my camera, not counting what was taken on the GoPro.
What have you got planned for the weekend? I really hope you have a fantastic weekend whatever it is you end up getting up to! Xo
Want to hop in on the fun?