Happy Friday and Welcome to the ’10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week’ Link Up!!
Each Friday, Krysten from Why Girls Are Weird, Charlotte, from My Pixie Blog and I host a link up where we reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically in the last week.
Sometimes all it takes is gentle reminders of things that make us grateful or appreciative. We live in a world full of disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – reflecting on the positive, I personally find makes me more aware and appreciative of the little things.
Don’t you agree?
When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.
I have plenty of things I’m happy and/or grateful for and they are:
1. Chatting with friends on slow/quiet days at work and catching up on each other’s holidays.
2. And adding to that, friends that are totally on the same page. It’s a beautiful thing.
3. Having long, honest conversations with my love about where we see our future and just exactly what that looks like.
4. Toast. And jam. And smoothies.
5. Long weekends and more time with family to lounge and enjoy life.
6. Dog baths. I love a clean smelling pooch that I just want to squish my face into.
8. LOVE my new ‘harbor blue’ Lululemon crops. Buuuuuuuuuut, after wearing them for less than an hour, one of the seams decided to start fraying and bad, so I went back to work, changed and marched over to Lulu and expressed my disappointment, that no I didn’t want them fixed, I wanted a brand new pair because, hello, I had bought them less than 24 hours previous to that. After searching all stores, I have the last pair in my size being shipped to me. Any more seams that go awry, forget it. Money back please. I love, love, love Lululemon but their quality has diminished since their IPO. They are VERY good, though, I must say, in terms of the customer service. They’d better, given the price tag of their gear.
10. I am so glad that Sara from Stranded in Chaos has opened her eyes and has begun her recovery, albeit a long one, I’m sure. Sara gave birth to her fourth child this week and had an amniotic fluid embolism. They kept her in a medically induced coma until Wednesday and that morning, she began to awake. Many of you also know Sara and have been rallying for her and it has just been so heartwarming to see a community of people come together in such a difficult time.
Bonus: 11. Getting showered with kisses from the boys when I get home, as though I’ve been gone for YEARS. It never gets old and I never want it to stop.
Bonus: 12. Looking ahead to Saturday night when I get to have a sleep over visit at my favorite farm house. There’s half a dozen dogs, cats and a barn full of chickens. It’s been 10 months since I’ve seen them and boy do I miss them, especially this boy:
We’re just hanging around town this weekend. We might meet up with my friend Tara and her husband but not 100% certain at this point as she has some family stuff going on right now. I’ve got two cats I’ve been looking after for the last week, with just day visits and then on Saturday evening, I’m heading over to my favorite fine to look after a menagerie of dogs, cats and chickens. I can’t wait to see them all again, it’s been far too long.
What have YOU got planned for the weekend? I really hope you have a fantastic weekend whatever it is you end up getting up to! Xo
Want to hop in on the fun?