Happy Friday and Welcome to the 10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week Link Up!
Each Friday, Krysten from Why Girls Are Weird, Charlotte, from My Pixie Blog and I host a link up where we reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically in the last week.
Sometimes all it takes is gentle reminders of things that make us grateful or appreciative. We live in a world full of disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – reflecting on the positive, I personally find makes me more aware and appreciative of the little things.
Don’t you agree?
When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.
I have plenty of things I’m happy and/or grateful for and they are:
1. Road trips up north and seeing the seasons changing.
2. Cooler weather and less humidity this week.
3. Meet my new little friend, my in-laws new dog, Buddy. He’s such a happy, snugly guy.
5. On Monday morning, we watched a co-worker’s brother compete in the 3000m steeplechase at the Rio Olympics. e didn’t qualify for the final but my god, how impressive that he made it all the way to the Olympics!!
6. Reuniting with my gym posse on Monday. We are all obsessed gym rats. 🙂 I’ve been sore all week, but that means I’ve been working hard and doing something right!
7. Having an even keel husband that knows when to give me space but also can get me to snap out of a negative or shitty mood. I wrote a ginormous first part to the Barbados series and for some unusual reason, the draft reverted back to five days previous and the entire post was 90% lost. I was devastated. It must’ve been when there was a theme update or a wordpress update. Whatever it was, it didn’t matter. Everything was gone and I had to start over from scratch and it finally got posted on Wednesday.
8. Seeing my mom on Monday night before she left for a two-week trip to Cancun with my aunt. We also chatted on the phone the next morning as she waited to board her flight. I always miss the hell out of her when she’s gone, I’m such a momma’s girl.
9. Getting complimented by senior management for how healthy, fit and inspiring I am. I was speechless, it totally made my day!
10. I had a headache for the majority of the last four days, along with weak and nauseous. Thursday I called in sick and stayed home in my pajamas. As irritable as I was, my boys always make me smile and they’re the best snuggle bums. 🙂
I’m pet sitting this weekend. At the beginning of the week, there was 49 visits on the schedule and I was slightly freaking out and called in SOS to my boss and office manager. It’s just not logistically possible as one person to do all those visits. Anyways, now we’re sitting at 38 with the possibility of 6 getting cancelled due to the lady being in the hospital. Saturday night I just might get some time to watch The Tragically Hip’s (an iconic Canadian band) last concert via satellite feed, which I’m excited for. The lead singer wanted to do one last farewell tour because he’s dying from brain cancer and has just months to live. The man sounds incredible, I once had the privilege of seeing them almost a decade ago and they were just fabulous. Even better in person, enough to give you chills throughout your body…. Anyways, what have YOU got planned for the weekend?
I really hope you have a fantastic weekend whatever it is you end up getting up to! Xo
Want to hop in on the fun?