Happy Friday and Welcome to the 10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week Link Up!
Each Friday, Krysten from Why Girls Are Weird, Charlotte, from My Pixie Blog and I host a weekly Friday link up where we reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week.
Sometimes all it takes is gentle reminders of things that make us grateful or appreciative. We live in a world full of disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – reflecting on the positive, I personally find makes me more aware and appreciative of the little things.
Don’t you agree?
When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.
I have plenty of things I’m happy and/or grateful for and they are:
1. Hikes in nature in places you’ve never been before. Fun times and good exercise!
2. Jeff getting home early from work and bringing the dogs to meet me. Nothing like seeing two Bichons barreling down the street excited to see you, it’s the best!
3. Making a nest for Charlie in a sunbeam. He’s just so cute, he gets all squinty-eyed and happy. 🙂
4. Naps and not caring about if I just so happen to fall asleep on the couch, because hey, I have no plans.
5. Planning a girls weekend away to a ski town the first weekend of December. It has become a tradition, it seems, to head up to Collingwood, Ontario and spend the weekend with a few girls, drinking, going to Scandinave Spa. It’s a really nice and restful weekend away. And the spa is to die for. We usually get massages and then do the Scandinavian baths and hydrotherapy. Outside. In the winter. In Canada. Yes, it’s freezing ass cold but SO good for cleansing your body and for your circulation Calming but invigorating. I’m so looking forward to this!! Last year our friend Tara and I went hiking up the ski mountain in the fall and just before the bottom, Tara rolls her ankle. Annnnnnd off to the hospital we went after getting her off the mountain. This year I’m joking that I’m bringing a wagon to haul her around in OR she’s to wear cleats. Then and only then will I walk around Collingwood with her. Just kidding.
6. When Jeff saves the day (okay not really, I’m being a tad dramatic over here) and comes to get a spider that has frozen me in my tracks, thus rendering me unable to move. I freaking hate spiders, I think it’s because they have too many damn legs man, they move way too fast for my liking thank you very much.
7. Spontaneously planning a weekend away for us at a cottage up north the first weekend of October with Tara and her husband, Erik. So excited, which makes me say that we need to get out more often.
8. My mom is back from Cancun! 🙂 🙂
9. Wednesday afternoon was the perfect temperature, it was beautiful and comfortable outside. [not liking that the days are getting shorter…]
10. Writing out a card for someone in need. Sometimes we need an ear, a hand or simply a hug. Let others know that they are not alone. [I’m visiting a pet client that I haven’t seen in two years — something happened and she has terrible PTSD and can’t/won’t leave the house and she’s really in bad shape. I met her a couple of times and she’s really the nicest woman. I just want her to know that whatever it is that she’s going through, that she’s not alone and if she ever needs anything, I’m there for her…. When people hurt, I hurt.]
What about you? What are you happy or grateful for this week?
I am pet sitting on this Labour Day Long Weekend. It isn’t my regular weekend but because I’m going up north in two weeks, I swapped weekends with another girl. Should be a busy one but I was smart and booked Tuesday off to rest and recharge. And to go take the boys to the groomers.
What do have YOU got planned for the weekend?
I really hope you have a fantastic weekend whatever it is you end up getting up to! Xo
Want to hop in on the fun?