Happy Friday and Welcome to the 10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week Link Up!
Each Friday, Krysten from Why Girls Are Weird, Charlotte, from My Pixie Blog and I host a weekly Friday link up where we reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week.
Sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that make us grateful or appreciative. We live in a world full of disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – reflecting on the positive, I personally find makes me more aware and appreciative of the little things.
Don’t you agree?
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
I have plenty of things I’m happy and/or grateful for and they are:
1. Lazy weekends, slow starts specifically and lounging in my pyjamas for far longer than is needed but who cares! 🙂
2. Day dates with my love.
3. I love when Jeff and I are on the exact same wave length and last weekend was exactly that. We were both on a cleaning/organizing/purging spree like no other. Plus, the sheer amount of things and furniture he moved around and organized while I was out with my mom Sunday morning was just incredible. I was amazed and so grateful when I got home.
4. Weekend lunches with jeff and my mom.
5. Discussing our travel plans for the next two years. We aren’t going anywhere next year but rather interior camping for a week in Algonquin Park. Then in 2018, we’ll be headed for Barbados to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary. #excited #holyshitimgettingold
6. I am incredibly grateful for warmth and heat. Winter is here and I’ll be cold as hell for the next six months.
7. Snuggles in the morning with a critter under the covers. You know Winter has arrived when Baxter starts hiding under blankets. 🙂
8. Visiting with a friend who recently retired a few months ago and catching up with her and what she’s been up to (and her two bulldogs and frenchie :))
9. Skipping the gym for a lunch at chipotle with my gym nut friend, Liane.
10. Good, sturdy, practical winter boots. Basically good for Canadian weather and so I don’t fall ass over tea kettle in my walking to and fro.
What about you? What are you happy or grateful for this week?
I’m so excited for tomorrow because we’re going to a dog show!! I’ve never been to one that I recall and I’m especially excited because they’ll have Bichons there! Cannot wait to see all the fluffs!!! 🙂
What about you, what do have YOU have planned for the weekend?
Have fun whatever it is you end up getting up to! Xo
Want to hop in on the fun?