Happy Friday and Welcome to the 10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week Link Up!
Each Friday, Krysten from Why Girls Are Weird, Charlotte, from My Pixie Blog and I host a weekly Friday link up where we reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week.
Sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that make us grateful or appreciative. We live in a world full of disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – reflecting on the positive, I personally find makes me more aware and appreciative of the little things.
Don’t you agree?
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
We have a *NEW* image for winter – feel free to grab and use it, too!
– – – – –
Today I’m sharing two lists: (1) things I’m happy and/or grateful for in the last week AND (2) things that I’m happy/grateful for in 2016.
10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week:
1. Spending time with my friend Regina’s daughter, Sophia, on the last day of work before Christmas. It was nice to have a little helper and it was adorable chatting with her. 🙂
2. Celebrating Christmas with Jeff’s family. We set up Jeff’s mom in the living room on Christmas morning and she was able to open gifts and eat with us, it was really nice.
3. Jeff’s homemade turkey soup he made from scratch. It was his first homemade soup and boy was it ever good!
4. Picking up the boys from my mom’s house on Tuesday night. They are always so excited to see my mom when I drop them off and I’m chopped liver, but picking them up, it’s like they give a run-by kiss to my mom and out the door they are with me, eager to get themselves back home (and to see Daddy!), I love it. It never fails to put a smile on my face.
5. Getting back home, unpacking all our things (how do we honestly accumulate SO MUCH?!) and being back in my own comfy bed thank you very much.
6. Deep breathing exercises and meditation.
8. Short work weeks! #CanIGetaHellYEAH
9. Heavily discounted Boxing Day sales at Lululemon!! You know I jumped all over that.
10. Getting back to salads. Although I didn’t eat terribly over Christmas, I did eat my share of carbs and boy was I feeling bloated come time to go back to work (and the gym) this week. Carbs are the devil in disguise!
10 Things That Made Me Happy This YEAR (2016):
1. Sharing it with my best friend.
2. Having my Mother-in-law with us for another Christmas (and full year).
3. Having my family’s love and unwavering support (yes, even on the days I’m bat shit crazy).
4. Being able and fortunate to go on beautiful and fun vacations.
5. Having two beautifully healthy little fur balls that keep us smiling and laughing for years. Our house is not a home unless there’s the pitter patter of four-legged friends, that’s just how it goes.
6. Having a steady income that allows me to live comfortably with a roof over my head, heat, food in my belly and clothing on my back. These are many things that some are never fortunate to have and we, North Americans in particular, take that for granted.
7. Meeting new people and building on our existing friendships.
8. This blog. If it wasn’t for this space where I’ve been so lovingly embraced, I would’ve never met any of you or have been given the opportunities I have been blessed with. Thank you for your friendship, your support, readership and most of all, thank you for the encouragement.
9. I have my health and *knocks on wood*, it’s been one of my healthiest years. I’ve had no allergic or anaphylactic issues, which thrills me to no end. It certainly helps that I try to lead a healthy and fit lifestyle, with a few indulgences along the way. I also began (another) journey in therapy and started group sessions, which I found very helpful.
10. I’m grateful for all the ways that jeff shows me he appreciates, loves and cares for me. He truly is a good man and someone I can 1,000% depend on. Thank for always being by my side and rooting for me even when I don’t have faith in myself.
So here’s to another year of growth, opportunity and happiness! I wish each and every one of you a Happy New Year!
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week and year?
Do you have any NYE plans? We are going to a friend’s house and staying the night there.
Be safe and have a fun!
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?