Happy Friday and Welcome to the 10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week Link Up!
Each Friday, Krysten from Why Girls Are Weird, Charlotte, from My Pixie Blog and I host a weekly Friday link up where we reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week.
Sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that make us grateful or appreciative. We live in a world full of disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – reflecting on the positive, I personally find makes me more aware and appreciative of the little things.
These posts make me super happy to reflect on the good and grateful things of the week. I can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for.
Don’t you agree?
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
We have a *NEW* image for winter – feel free to grab and use it, too!
– – – – –
10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week:
1. Have you heard? Prison Break is coming back this April! I can’t wait, I love Wentworth Miller.
2. Spending the day with my mother-in-law. She’s in a much better place than two weeks ago. She’s finally coming out of her morphine haze. Not entirely, but you can actually have a conversation with her, which is nice. Many thanks to all those that sent their best wishes. I appreciate them. On a similar note, I appreciate people’s well wishes, but please don’t say ‘I hope she gets better’, because reality is, there’s not a hope in hell she’s getting better. Lungs do not heal or regenerate; she is terminal and she will die. So forgive me if I seem harsh, cold or matter of fact, but that’s me being 100% transparent. We all just want her to pass peacefully so she’s isn’t suffering anymore. This isn’t meant to be negative, but this is our reality.
3. Hushed, but deep conversations with Jeff about life and death, family…. hard conversations but necessary.
4. My friend Liane’s new HIIT class at the gym. Holy shit was it ever good but man was I sucking back wind the entire time. She killed me.
5. Getting the boys from my moms late Sunday night. I couldn’t not – I had to see my boy on his 9th birthday (Baxter).
6. Running into an old friend I hadn’t seen in at least three years.
7. Smiling more. It has brightened my days and others, too! #littlethings
8. Sundried tomato on pizza. It’s sooo good.
9. The hilarious conversations I have with some of my coworkers.
10. Finishing up our care package we’re sending down to Barbados for our friend and divemaster, David. I can’t wait to go diving again in 2018 (if we don’t do cold/fresh water diving here this summer).
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
Do any of you have anything exciting planned for the weekend?
We haven’t got much on the agenda for the weekend. We both want to spend time cleaning and making space for his new desk that’s being delivered next week. Other than that, relaxation and rest. AND bathing the dogs. They just need a refresher. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?