Happy Friday and Welcome to the 10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week Link Up!
Each Friday, Krysten from Why Girls Are Weird, Charlotte, from My Pixie Blog and I host a weekly Friday link up where we reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week.
Sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that make us grateful or appreciative. We live in a world full of disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – reflecting on the positive, I personally find makes me more aware and appreciative of the little things.
These posts make me super happy to reflect on the good and grateful things of the week. I can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for.
Don’t you agree?
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
Feel free to grab this image and use it, too!
– – – – –
10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week:
1. Getting back into a routine of “normalcy” – work, at home, the dogs, the GYM (I’ve only been 3 times in the last 14 days but remarkably, I still have abs, which is unbelievable lol).
2. Having my mom dote on me last Friday/Saturday. It was so kind and thoughtful of her.
3. Reading and making time to write in my gratitude journal. When my MIL was in the hospital and in hospice at the end, all writing dropped off.
4. I also love surprising jeff with the boys. It never, ever gets old.
5. Being given the opportunity to take a leadership professional development course through my work.
6. Going with #5, having a three-day work week never hurt anyone.
7. Big ass salads!
8. I’m grateful to be back home and sleeping soundly in my own bed.
9. Getting our taxes filed!
10. Catching up with coworkers and hugs!
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
I haven’t got much on my plate for this weekend other than rest, cleaning and hanging out with the dogs. Poor Jeff has a nasty cold but is going up north this morning to spend the weekend with his Dad, that and there’s a pistol shooting match this weekend at the range that Jeff is running. His Dad won’t be helping because he just doesn’t feel like he can hold up with a whole bunch of people giving him their condolences. He’s just not ready and that’s understandable.
Have a fabulous weekend my friends, make it a good one!
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?