Happy Friday and Welcome to the 10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week Link Up!
Each Friday, for the last 83 Friday’s (since August 2015), I’ve been hosting this lovely little link up with a trio of friends but sadly, the time has come for some changes and we have decided to go our separate ways, so…. today I’ve got the link up live and going, but beginning next Friday, March 24th, you will see a new, revamped link-up that is being hosted by yours truly, as well as Charlotte, from My Pixie Blog and Christina from The Brave Wanderer.
This Friday link up has always been a place where we reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week.
Sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that make us grateful or appreciative. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more aware and appreciative of the little things.
These posts have always made me super happy to reflect upon the good and grateful things of the week. I can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week:
1. Getting things off my chest felt amazing last week. Sometimes you just have to walk away from friendships because they’ve run their course. That’s something I’ve learned as I’ve gotten older. And you know what? I’m at peace with that. It doesn’t miss I don’t miss these people or hate them, not at all. Point blank, if the friendship isn’t reciprocal, BYE BYE. Life is too short for games, drama or BS.
2. Going to the gym with my momma last Saturday morning. I was sick with a bad cold (and still am, dammit) but my motto has always been to try and sweat it out. I don’t know how I made it a full sixty minutes of BodyPump, but I did. Afterwards, we detoxed in the sauna and then I went home to rest with the dogs. It was a nice morning. 🙂
3. Catching up with a friend I haven’t seen in over six weeks. It was so nice to see her, have a coffee and love on her pups that I’d missed so much.
4. Naps. All the naps in the last week. I caught a bad sinus cold late last week and it has been destroying all my energy, so napping on the daily has been almost essential.
5. Celebrating a dog birthday with family. Yep, we are those people. It was for my mom’s eldest, Quincey, who turned 13 this week.
6. Looking forward to this weekend and celebrating 15 years being together with Jeff. (Our dating anniversary is today!)
7. Non-judgmental, supportive friends. <3
8. I got my hair trimmed and highlights on Tuesday evening at my friend’s hair salon. Love a fresh cut and color. Makes a girl feel like a million bucks!
9. We knocked one more thing off of our camping list for the end of June – we purchased all of our dehydrated food and even saved about $50 doing so.
10. Discussions and clarity at my workplace. I definitely walked away feeling better about the situation.
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
Today is Jeff and I’s 15th dating anniversary!! I can’t believe it. We met fifteen years ago at a house party and we were inseparable for four days. Every day with Jeff gets better and better and I truly look forward to growing old and celebrating life’s adventures alongside my dear best friend. Here’s to many more!
The rest of the weekend we’ll be resting, cleaning, grocery shopping and just trying to get over this bad-ass cold that we’ve had for over a week now. It’s a doozy.
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend?
Have a fabulous weekend my friends, make it a good one!
I also excited to announce that my friend’s Charlotte, Christina and I have formed a new blogging group on Facebook called The Peaceful Posse. The intended purpose of this group is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. The three of us have banded together to form a new and welcoming group where there is no drama or bullying.
Please join us, we’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?