Happy Friday and Welcome to the *NEW* ‘What’s up, Weekend’ Friday Link Up!
For the last two years, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Things That Made Me Happy This Week:
1. Spending an entire weekend with Jeff.
2. New things from lululemon. $40 tights and a new mesh sports bra. #lululemonaddict
Lululemon fun facts: I own 9 pairs of crops, 4 pairs of pants, 8 tops and 6 sports bras. I do own other gear but 90% of it is Lululemon. What can I say? I love their clothing.
3. Other shopping finds: quick dry shirts for our camp trip, quick dry towels for (also for our camp trip), a simple but cute (on sale) dress from old navy.
4. Spring weather and lots of sunshine. And then it got cold again in the middle of this week and everyone was like ‘wtf Mother Nature’ (read: me, lol).
5. Free trial passes at gyms I can’t afford (have any of you ever been to Equinox?). They are like no other gym you’ve ever been to before and they’re so beautiful, but they’re wayyy too expensive for my taste.
6. Engaging in conversation with people that aren’t expecting it. It is mildly refreshing.
7. Compliments at the gym. Who doesn’t love those? I work my butt off for my muscles, dammit.
8. One thing I just LOVE when I bring the dogs home from my moms house: the excitement and happiness he has when the boys walk through the door. There’s nothing that beats that happy homecoming where your dog gives you a million kisses because you were gone for so long! We both agreed that our place is just too lonely without happy furries running around.
10. An uneventful, quiet week at work. The calm before the storm is what it is, let’s be honest here. #keepinitreal
11. Hugs and kisses.
12. Aeropress coffee. It’s so yummy and rich!
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
I have no idea what we’re up to this weekend. We were tossing up the idea of heading up north to go shooting but Jeff’s Dad is visiting Jeff’s brother this weekend AND it’s also cold and we’d have to shoot at the outdoor range because there’s a course going on at the indoor range on Saturday. So we’ll see what we get up to, maybe nothing at all, which is just fine with me. I work the next weekend so a chill weekend might be nice.
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend?
Have a fabulous weekend my friends, make it a good one!
– – –
In case you missed the announcement last week:
My friend’s Charlotte, Christina and I have formed a new blogging group on Facebook called The Peaceful Posse. The intended purpose of the group is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. The three of us have banded together to form a new and welcoming group where there is no drama or bullying. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?