Happy Friday and Welcome to the *NEW* ‘What’s up, Weekend’ Friday Link Up!
For the last two years, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Things That Made Me Happy This Week:
1. Shooting a fun match last Saturday with some good people and I actually didn’t do all that bad (okay the low-light stage was just awful, but hey, perspective people).
2. Spending a nice morning out with my mom and Jeff last Sunday at the Green Living Show.
3. A short week (well two, today and next Monday, both). Woohoo!
4. We booked our 7-day paddling trip route with Ontario Parks. Both Jeff and I are excited for this trip.
5. I got an amazing performance review at work for the last fiscal year and as a result, a little raise in my salary and a pretty sweet bonus. #hardworkpaysoff
6. Catching up with my friend after her trip to the Dominican. Work was quiet and boring without her.
7. I bought a new/another photo album that has been needed for a long time. I’ve been trying to get photos printed more often because I take too many pictures and they just get posted to social media and that’s as far as it goes.
8. Morning snuggles with the dogs and being silly with them before sunrise. I just adore my boys (as if that wasn’t apparent!).
9. Despite the devastating news we got this week that my mom’s dog, Quincey has cancer, I’m grateful to be a shutterbug and have many, many pictures of him from over the years. 🙁 We are so grateful to have him in our lives and every day is a gift.
10. Sunshine and vitamin D. We didn’t get any snow this week, you guys! 🙂 #spring
11. Wednesday evening. Jeff made dinner, unloaded the dishwasher and I didn’t have to lift a finger. It was quite nice and a change from the norm. Plus, he makes a killer steak. 🙂
12. I just wanted to extend my gratitude for all the kind words and support many of you have shown me on my personal Facebook during this crappy time (#9).
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
Early this morning, we’re taking off for Jeff’s Dad’s up north. We’re shooting this weekend, in addition to having Easter dinner with his Dad. He’s kind of excited about hosting dinner as this will be his first big dinner he’s doing on his own since the passing of Monique, my mother-in-law, at the beginning of March. We are then going to come back home Sunday night and I (wisely) booked off Monday so that we could have a nice dinner with my mom and step-dad, too. The dogs will be staying with my momma. 🙂
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend?
Have a fabulous weekend my friends, make it a good one!
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further.
My friend’s Charlotte, Christina and I have formed a new blogging group on Facebook called The Peaceful Posse about a month or so ago, and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?