Happy Friday and Welcome to the *NEW* ‘What’s up, Weekend’ Friday Link Up!
For the last two years, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Things That Made Me Happy This Week:
1. Enjoying a nice lunch out with Jeff and his dad.
2. Getting to bed earlier and getting more rest.
3. Sunsets like these:
4. We saw four deer last weekend. We saw two in someone’s yard snacking on some salt licks. And then on our drive home Sunday evening, we saw another two by the highway (that we honked at and probably saved their lives!).
5. Easter dinners with family.
6. Spending a nice, quiet day with Jeff.
7. Eating chocolate this week and not feeling guilty about it.
8. Confidence. I’ve felt so amazing this last week.
9. Tuesday night’s dinner.
10. Compliments from coworkers.
11. Looking over at Jeff in bed on Tuesday night and there he was, with Charlie in his arms and I swear they are both smiling. 🙂
12. Scratching many things off our ‘to get list’ for our June camping trip, like a new tarp, a first aid kit (hello, have you met me? Lol), two tourniquets (which may seem extreme for a camping trip, but after our trip, it can also go into our range bag, in the event of an accident or something crazy), two solar chargers and two headlights (our previous ones were old and the headstraps had lost their elasticity).
13. Kind and generous commissioners that I work with.
14. Catching up on Girls. Loved season 6!
15. Running into my old boss at the gym.
16. Engaging in conversation with complete strangers. Sometimes it’s refreshing just to say hello or throw someone a compliment. Try it. 🙂
17. I had such a nice visit with Quincey last night. He didn’t hear me come in at my moms and when I went to find him downstairs with my aunt, he was all wiggles and tail wags. 🙂 It made my day.
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
I haven’t got much on the agenda this weekend, so we’ll see what adventures unfold. 🙂
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend?
Have a fabulous weekend my friends, make it a good one!
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further.
My friend’s Charlotte, Christina and I have formed a new blogging group on Facebook called The Peaceful Posse about a month or so ago, and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?