Happy Friday and Welcome to the *NEW* ‘What’s up, Weekend’ Friday Link Up!
For the last two years, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Things That Made Me Happy This Week:
1. Getting back on my bike and getting some good mileage in, in preparation of the 75 km charity ride we are doing at the beginning of June.
2. Seeing a beaver in a marshy area on a bike ride. It was so cool! 🙂
3. Kiehl’s, Grapefruit bath and body wash. It’s so darn expensive but I decided I don’t often treat myself so why the hell not? It just smells soooo good.
4. Watching a bunch of new tv shows and a couple of movies with Jeff last weekend.
5. Having some final words with and saying goodbye to a commissioner whose term has ended and he’s finally retiring. He’ll be deeply missed by the organization.
6. Couch day with the dogs. (I got the stomach flu this past week.)
7. Kind and appreciative co-workers.
8. Getting donations for the 75 km charity ride!
9. Being there for my mom when she needed it. It was nice to spend a couple of hours with Quincy on Wednesday before the vet came to put him to sleep. He passed away peacefully on Wednesday afternoon surrounded by love and we already miss him so much. Gosh was that ever hard watching him slip away. 🙁
10. Feeling better after a few nasty days with the stomach flu.
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
I am pet sitting this weekend so stay tuned for a pet sitting adventures recap next week.
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend?
Have a fabulous weekend my friends, make it a good one!
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further.
My friend’s Charlotte, Christina and I have formed a new blogging group on Facebook called The Peaceful Posse about a month or so ago, and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?