Happy Friday and Welcome to the *NEW* ‘What’s up, Weekend’ Friday Link Up!
For the last two years, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Has this week been the longest one for everyone else, too, or is it just me? And busy, holy smokes, I felt like I was drowning all week BUT, I’ve booked today off to make it a three-day long weekend, so I can’t complain. Life is good. 🙂
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
1. Sleeping in on both days last weekend. It was glorious.
2. Couch days and relaxing weekends to recharge.
3. Jeff’s coworker’s surprise 50th birthday party we attended last weekend.
4. Beautiful sunrises and sunsets. The literally make my entire day.
5. We finally connected with Jeff’s Dad down in Florida. Even though he’s been having a really tough time grieving, it really was nice to hear his voice and talk about what he’s been up to since he left.
6. Pretty Little Liars. How I did not get sucked into this show much sooner than this, I’ll never know, but Jeff and I are both marathon watching the show and loving it.
7. Visiting with my mom before she flew off to Barbados on Wednesday morning.
8. Booking off long weekends, here, there and everywhere. I realize that I’ve taken a lot of four-day weeks this year but hey, it’s been great. That’s what vacation days are for, enjoying ourselves, right?
9. Snuggling with the boys and puppy kisses.
10. Health wise and having gone to the gym all week, I’m feeling pretty good and confident.
11. An entire week of sunshine FOR THE WIN. It has been chilly all week but man, that sunshine has been incredible. 🙂
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
We were supposed to head up north for the weekend and stay at Jeff’s Dad’s while he’s down in Florida, but Jeff’s work registered for him to do the first aid course this weekend, so we’ll be staying home. I’ll be able to catch up on my mindless dribble television (read Teen Mom OG, RHONY, and more of the same – don’t judge – lol).
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend?
Have a fabulous weekend my friends, make it a good one!
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?