Happy Friday and Welcome to the *NEW* ‘What’s up, Weekend’ Friday Link Up!
For the last two years, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
1. We finally made it around to visiting Jungle Cat World. There will be a post on that coming soon.
2. Homemade guacamole. Looove! I often forget just how yummy avocado is, which means I’m probably not eating enough of it.
3. Four-day long weekends 🙂 (this needs no explanation).
4. I figured out my clothing situation for our camping trip. Now we just wait for it to come!
5. Monday, I went to visit with a long-time pet client and got to say goodbye to the family before they move away. Despite feeling sad that I won’t see any of the five dogs, two cats and dozens of chickens as often as I have, I’m left feeling blessed that I was given the opportunity to love on them all one last time. It has been a privilege taking care of them and getting to know the mom and dad over the last five years. I’ll just have to detour on my way up north to go visit them from now on.
6. Celebrating Charlie’s tenth (!!) birthday on Tuesday. 🙂
7. My Mom is home from her two-week holiday!! 🙂
8. Summer clothes and open-toed shoes make me happy.
9. Time to myself, even if it’s 5 minutes, it’s nice.
10. Conversations with peers at work that talk me off the ledge when it has been a crazy/busy/stupid day.
11. Summer plans! We’ve got two weddings, a camping trip, a huge target shooting competition we’re putting on in August. There are so many fun and exciting things on the horizon. 🙂
12. I’m overjoyed seeing just how excited my mom is when she comes over to see the dogs and vice versa. Have I ever mentioned that my mom is always trying to finagle a way to
steal borrow our dogs? lol
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
I am pet sitting this weekend so stay tuned for my Pet Sitting Adventures Recap next week. 🙂
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend?
Have a fabulous weekend my friends, make it a good one!
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?