Happy Friday and Welcome to the ‘What’s up, Weekend’ Friday Link Up!
For the last two years, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
1. Out with some friends for an afternoon watching the Blue Jays vs. the New York Yankees.
2. A simple Chinese food dinner with Jeff. (Jeff hates Chinese, so he was a real sport)
3. Calendula cream. It’s been like GOLD for the skin on my face and has calmed down a lot of the redness and hormonal (oh joy!) acne.
4. A relaxing, yet productive day at home with Jeff.
5. Quiet evenings at home doing much of nothing and getting to bed earlier than the norm.
6. Flirting with Jeff. I used to blush around that man all the time. He makes me feel so loved and adored.
7. Loving on the boys after a crazy day of work. I just love my boys so much!!
8. Responding to all my outstanding comments in a much more timely fashion this week.
9. It’s still daylight out well after 9 now.
10. Getting the best compliment from my combat class instructor at my gym saying I have great form and she’s glad I’m up at the front of the class so others on my side of the room can follow me if they get lost in class. Truthfully, I’m up by the fan because I’m a sweaty beast but hey, I’ll take the compliment.
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
Jeff has gone up north for the weekend to run a IDPA classifier on Sunday (shooting-related) and I’ve stayed home because I’ve got a cat visit to do with Duke the cat Saturday and on Sunday, I’m going to a bridal shower for a friend of ours’ fiancé, Chantelle.
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend?
Have a fabulous weekend my friends, make it a good one!
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?