Happy Friday and Welcome to the ‘What’s up, Weekend’ Friday Link Up!
For the last two years, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
1. I saw my friend Liane last Friday when she subbed a spin class at the gym. It was so nice to see her. 🙂
2. Skyping with Charlotte and Buster. <3
3. We got a new air conditioning unit for our bedroom and it is glorious. I’m actually a tiny bit cold at night. Lol!
4. Gentle puppy kisses and cuddles on weekend mornings 😉
5. Spending an evening with good friends, sangria and their two very adorable black kitty cats.
6. Father’s Day dinner with my step-dad, mom and jeff.
7. Despite Charlie hurting himself last Sunday, we’ve had a lot of quiet time bonding with our boy this week. We are just so beyond grateful for my mom who always steps in and helps with the dogs on a whim. We are definitely blessed in that department.
8. Commiserating with other friends that are in similar situations with their dogs.
9. Little moments of quiet and calm with Charlie while he’s resting.
10. Another thing: we are grateful to be even able to afford to take care of our dog and his injuries. Many people would never be able to drop $3500 just like that (twice).
11. Fresh peonies from my mother’s garden.
12. OITNB and House of Cards.
13. Happiness is… going to your moms and seeing Charlie. Boy was he excited to see us. He’s taking this strict crate-rest really, really well this time. But I have to admit, waiting is the worst part. We just want him fixed so we can get on the healing train.
15. I received another nice compliment from the combat instructor who’s class I typically take on Wednesdays. She asked me if I was going to be in class and when I responded with a yes, she was ecstatic because I was a good person they could follow and who has great form. Nice, eh?
16. VSCO premium edition. Holy cow – 100 filters and only $26 Canadian for a year’s subscription.
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
I’m off on a 7-day paddling/camping trip up in Algonquin Park and will be off the grid completely. I will NOT be hosting the linkup next Friday but I will be back next weekend!
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend? Take care friends! 🙂
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?