Happy Friday and Welcome to the ‘What’s up, Weekend’ Friday Link Up!
For the last two years, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
1. All five senses over the last week – sights, smells and sounds were on point while out in the wilderness.
2. Every day, the sky was different yet incredible in its own way.
3. The trillions of stars in the sky every night (when it wasn’t cloudy) were incredible. I forgot just how beautiful and majestic the sky can be up in Algonquin with no light pollution.
4. Being unplugged for seven days and reconnecting with each other sans cell phone.
5. The beautiful and relaxing sound of rainfall.
6. Campfires. They’re so comforting yet mesmerising. I love playing with fire.
7. Seeing moose while in Algonquin Park.
8. Laughing .sessions in the tent with Jeff at 4 a.m
9. Canadian loons – calling out to their mates and watching them play and fish in the warm rainfall is so cool to watch. They are literally like penguins swimming in the water.
10. Spending our 9th wedding anniversary in Algonquin. Sipping on a coffee while sitting on a piece of the Canadian Shield is priceless. Every single moment was memorable.
11. Jeff finally got to hanging up our tree hammock while camping and it was SO relaxing. It was fun to watch him being a kid, just enjoying the moment.
12. Country Meats beef jerky. To die for and I’m not sure what we would have done without this tasty treat while away for the week.
13. Warmth and getting dry after getting soaked to the bone on Thursday. And a shower and our bed. To die for!
14. Hearing from my mom and getting all the Charlie updates – there was a miscommunication and he goes in for surgery July 4th with his orthopedic surgeon. Another surgeon wanted to operate this week but because of the miscommunication, we decided to wait for his original surgeon so he could get seen by someone that has already cared for him and has done beautiful work. Charlie is doing just fine everyone. 🙂 Thanks for all your comments and concern about our boy. I’ll definitely keep everyone posted.
15. Home sweet home. It’s nice to be away but it’s also really nice coming home to familiarity and routine.
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
I’m back from our 7-day paddling trip and it was so relaxing. A lot of work, a lot of fighting the elements (so much rain) but it was a nice time away and BEING UNPLUGGED, too!
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend? Take care friends! 🙂
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?