Happy Friday and Welcome to the ‘What’s up, Weekend’ Friday Link Up!
For the last two years, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
1. Spending last Friday evening with my mom and the dogs.
2. Celebrating the marriage of our friends, Chantelle and Bruce, It was such a beautiful, romantic and rustic wedding, we were both so happy to have been included on their special day.
3. We are blown away at just how quickly Charlie is healing from his CCL surgery (knee surgery) this time around. He never seizes to amaze us. We thought being ten years old now that he’d bounce back a bit slower this time around but that hasn’t been the case at all. 🙂
4. Afternoon naps. Sleep and naps will always be high up on my happy lists. 🙂
5. Weekends at home with Jeff. We could be doing all the things or nothing at all and yet there is still no place or person I’d rather be with more.
6. Making plans for a girls weekend at the spa in November. Scandinave Spa is one of my favorite places and I leave every single time feeling like I’m walking on water, I feel so great. It is so popular and renowned that you have to book 4-6 months in advance for massages and their Scandinavian baths always have a wait list on weekends.
7. The flowers and succulents (I took 3… shhh don’t tell (they were extras anyways)) I brought home from Chantelle and Bruce’s wedding have brought me so much joy this week. Every time I glance at them, I’m reminded of the happy day and weekend celebrations.
8. Pitches to a handful of brands this week. I’m finally getting off my butt…
9. Fresh linens.
10. Netflix’s Narcos and El Chapo.
11. Casual conversations with my boss. I really, really like the woman and I cannot believe that I was iffy about her when she started with the organization nine months ago, She’s a really lovely lady that has brought so much to the table and we are fortunate to have her. It also helps that she’s just a real, genuine, no-bullshit person. What you see is what you get.
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
I am having a quiet weekend with Charlie and Baxter this weekend. Jeff is heading up north today and Charlie is coming home for a couple of days before he goes back to my mom’s and back to the vet’s on Monday to get his stitches out. He’s doing so great in terms of healing this time around – we all agree that he’s healing much, much quicker this time around.
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend? Take care friends! 🙂
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?