Happy Friday and Welcome to the ‘What’s up, Weekend’ Friday Link Up!
For the last two years, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
1. Charlie coming home for the weekend (last weekend). I had such a mellow, relaxing weekend with my boys. 🙂
2. I put a massive album of photos together, ordered more from Shutterfly at a deep discount and then I backed up my phone and downloaded over 1,000 photos. Such a boring task but I take so many photos and try to print them, back them up and what have you.
3. Fresh cherries.
4. Jeff came home from up north on Sunday morning, much earlier than originally had been anticipated. The boys and I were initially startled by his unannounced homecoming, but we were very happy to have him home a day earlier. The poor guy is going through some stressful/ridiculous family crap and I feel so awful for the guy. I haven’t decided if I want to write about it because it’s some jerry springer shit, straight up. We’ll see.
5. Personal days when you don’t feel like being a responsible adult.
6. Having our friends Alex and Frank over for one last time before they move 1.5 hours away. It just means we’ll have to Skype now and make an effort to keep in touch but that’s better than nothing at all.
7. Looking ahead to the weekend and seeing some pet clients. I haven’t pet say since May you guys and I’m missing my furry friends, especially my regulars.
8. The Supple Leopard by Dr. Kelly Starrett and Glen Cordoza. It’s an amazing book on preventing injury and athletic performance. I have a pinch in my hip and it radiates down my quad like an electrical impulse and my ankle is hurting as a result of it, I think, too. The exercises in the book are like magic. I just have to put in the work. I thought I had fixed this problem in June but apparently not and it has reared its ugly head, so I’ve gotta nip it in the bud before it gets any worse.
9. This quote: “There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self,” Aldous Huxley.
10. Crawling back into bed with a warm, snugly dog. Priceless.
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
I’m finally back to pet sitting this weekend. I haven’t worked since May and in June, I was away so another pet sitter worked my weekend for me. I’m looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and some new ones, too.
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend? Take care friends! 🙂
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?