Happy Friday and Welcome to the ‘What’s up, Weekend’ Friday Link Up!
Welcome to the revamped link-up that Charlotte, from My Pixie Blog, and I host call, ‘What’s up, Weekend?’ Christina no longer hosts our link up as she is busy with life and other personal things. She may come back, I don’t know but not to worry, we’re all still close and everything is as good as ever.
For over the last two and a half years, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
1. Watching a Blue Heron soar in the sky right above me, then land in a pond to feed early last Saturday morning. It was just beautiful watching it silently hunt for his breakfast.
2. My pet clients! It was so nice to get back and catch up with the regulars and new clients, too.
3. Charlie was home last weekend for another weekend at home and this makes Jeff, Baxter and I so happy. It’s an instant mood changer having him home, happy and content.
4. Netflix’s Ozark with Jason Bateman. Freaking awesome!!
5. I met a 3 month old American Eskimo this past week and an 8 week old black lab and boy wer they ever adorable!
6. Visiting with mom before she left for her two week Dominican trip with my aunt.
7. A massage. Turns out my right glute is jammed and my right ankle is crunchy. Is this what getting older is all about? Lol!
8. Starbucks Cool Lime Refreshers. They’re so good!
9. Warrantied Otterbox cases for our iPhones. An otterbox case is a must for a klutz like myself. lol
10. Getting all my comments and blog reading and emails to people squared up earlier than usual. It’s such a good feeling!!
11. Looking forward to seeing Methodman and Redman at the Toronto Festival of Beer.
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
Like I said above. I’m going to see Methodman and Redman at The Toronto Festival of Beer tonight and then tomorrow morning, we are going to pick up Charlie from my step-dad and probably have a pretty low-key rest of the weekend…
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend? Take care friends! 🙂
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?