Happy Friday and Welcome to the ‘What’s up, Weekend’ Friday Link Up!
Welcome to the Happy Friday link-up that Charlotte, from My Pixie Blog, Beth from The Beth Next Door and I host call, ‘What’s up, Weekend?’ Christina is no longer hosting our link up as she is busy with life and other personal things at the moment. She may come back, I don’t know but not to worry, we are all still close and everything is as good as ever.
For over the last two and a half years, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
1. Date night with my love.
2. Having our friend Bruce over for an evening and hearing all about his cross-Canada honeymoon.
3. I’m happiest when all my boys are under one roof. Charlie was home last weekend and he’s already with us now until Monday. *happy dance*
4. I had some pretty good sweat sessions at the gym this week that left me feeling pretty damn good. 🙂
5. Summer evenings that are perfect for cycling or going for a brisk walk with Baxter.
6. Sunsets this week have been stunning, with colours that remind me of cotton candy- pinks and purples galore.
7. Vanilla bean Greek yogurt.
8. Running into an old coworker, Florence, I hadn’t seen in ages and catching up with her before work one morning this past week. She was an articling student with us and the sweetest/funniest woman.
9. Long weekends and short weeks. I’m off on a four-day long weekend, then I’m back to work on Tuesday and off for another six days. Sweet deal!
10. Meeting new people and helping new folks out at work. Complimenting people and offering your help means the world to people and is rare these days. Try it. 🙂
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
Four weekend, woop woop! I’m off until Tuesday and Charlie is home for the weekend already (I picked him up last night). I have a couple of pet visits this weekend that I’m helping out with and I want to hit up the local farmers market, the dry cleaners, get a bike ride or two in and pack for our trip up north to Jeff’s Dad’s next Tuesday night.
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend? Take care friends! 🙂
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?