Happy Friday and Welcome to the ‘What’s up, Weekend?’ Friday Link Up!
Welcome to the Happy Friday link-up that Charlotte, from My Pixie Blog, Beth from The Beth Next Door and I host call, ‘What’s up, Weekend?’ Christina is no longer hosting our link up as she is busy with life and other personal things at the moment. She may come back, I don’t know but not to worry, we are all still close and everything is as good as ever.
For over the last two and a half years, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Holy crap it has been such a long and busy week, anyone else out there feel like they’re drowning??
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
- Stargazing up north and seeing over a handful of shooting stars. It was magical.
- Supporting Jeff in the planning stages, as well as organizing and making last weekend’s target shooting tournament actually happen. It takes months and months of planning but it’s worth all of the bumps along the way and plus, all of the shooters have nothing but wonderful things to say about it each year and that it just keeps getting better and better. I’m so proud of him.
- Beautiful weather and many days of gorgeous sunsets.
- Hanging out with some genuinely good people who are just very laid-back like Jeff and I are.
- Seeing all of our (old) friends at doggy rehab. Although the circumstances of what led us there are unfortunate, we are happy to see them. We have such a great team of people rooting for and helping Charlie in his recovery. We are so blessed.
- Which leads me to this next point. We are very blessed that we are able to provide all of the rehabilitation (and surgery) for our boy. It is not cheap but he is our fur-kid and we feel that he has many more years ahead of him, so we took a chance with him being 10 years old now and it has turned out to be the best decision, and the right one. It’s only up from here. 🙂
- Helpful, reliable people at work that have my back.
- Earlier this week I got a lovely phone call from the wife of one of our commissioners who recently retired at the age of 86 and she personally thanked me for helping her hubby over the last seven years that I’ve been with my employer. It was so nice to be acknowledged and to know that he thought so highly of me. I’m really gonna miss this guy. 🙁
- My mom. I just can’t express how grateful I/we are to have my mom. She watches Charlie during the week and does all of his walks and exercises and everything and she just does so much for us that thank yous just don’t express the depth of our gratitude. We are so fortunate to have her.
- Giving to the less fortunate. There is so much suffering and hardship out there that all my problems pale in comparison to their. I see homeless people or drug addicts begging for money on the sidewalks and I wonder what brought them to where they are today. Everyone has a story and I just have so much compassion and empathy for those that struggle, the lost ones….
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
I’m so tired and all I want to do is sleep, but nope, not this weekend. I am working this weekend at my pet sitting job so stay tuned for a Pet Sitting Adventures August Edition post sometime early next week. I think I’ve got about 32 visits on the schedule at the moment, so it’s going to be a busy one. Plus, the dogs will be home and Charlie has rehab exercises we have to do with him three times a day AND sometime this weekend, I also have to take impressions of my teeth for a cool #sponsored teeth whitening product from #SmileBrilliant that I’m going to be sharing with you all in the near future. Lots of things on the go and running out of summer, holy cow, where has it gone?!
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend?
Take care my friends! 🙂
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?