Hey guys! What better way to vent my thoughts and get everything off my chest than sharing it on the blog with all of you guys? This topic has floated around the internets for a bit now, but I distinctly remember Stephanie posting on this matter not so long ago, so I thought it was high time for me to share my lengthy list that I’ve been keeping for months now and y’all can add in your annoyances, too, if you like. I become annoyed or irrationally angry, often, about stupid or insignificant shit that I have zero control over. Sometimes I get pissed off on my way to the train station, or it can be things I notice around the workplace, or even at home or in public. I’m trying not to sweat the small stuff, really, I am. But sometimes man, sometimes I just get right pissed off.
So, let’s get going, shall we? Feel free to add any of your annoyances in the comments.
There are just certain things that drive me absolutely nuts and here are some of them:
- People that walk 7-people wide on a public sidewalk. No, all this space is not yours, share the flippin sidewalk, dammit. I shouldn’t have to walk out onto the street to pass your slow ass, thank you very much.
- When my alarm clock goes off at 5 a.m. every.damn.day.
- People that talk loud simply because they want to overheard by others.
- People that chew the insides of their cheeks and make all these contorted screw faces. I watched a woman on the train home recently do this for an entire HOUR.
- Point blank: LIARS. Lies are hard to keep track of and eventually you will get caught up in your own BS,
- People that think they’re being helpful but all they are really doing is meddling and buggering shit up for you.
- Friends or family that drop you like a hot potato because suddenly you no longer matter/you’re not important to them. <—- Am I making any veiled comments about this point? Damn straight I am. I’m referring to the shit that’s going on with my father-in-law. He’s dropped all of his family here in Ontario and we’re all pretty hurt/frustrated and angry about the whole situation. Will I ever delve into more personal family details? I don’t know. It really is opening a can of worms and I’m unsure if I’m prepared for that, as much as I really want to shout it out from the rooftops what exactly is going on here…..
- People that get up and walk away mid-conversation. Who the FK does that?!!? Rudest.shit.ever. I work with people that do this shit! Very professional!
- At work – listen, if you cannot recall details, conversations and what have you, don’t make guesses. KNOW what you are discussing or you may risk making a complete fool of yourself because you’re aloof and don’t make any efforts. Write it down if your memory is crap, come on!!
- When someone at work says they are taking a break. Ummmmm, from what exactly? You do nothing already so tell me, what exactly do you need a break from, hmmm? Fk that grinds my gears. I have a co-worker that regularly disappears and people are constantly asking me where she is. You know what? I don’t know, try asking her.
- People that pee on the toilet seat or don’t flush. There are some pretty disgusting women out there…
- People that live every single waking moment on Facebook. Need to know where so-and-so is? Check their Facebook. Want to rob their house while they’re on vacation? Go ahead, they’ve posted their entire life online! People like that are annoying and also, hello, do you really want to be advertising to the masses your away on holiday and your house is just sitting there empty?
Revised to include:
- Costco. I loathe going to Costco. Do your damn shopping, stop blocking every flippin aisle and if your primary purpose is to go there to eat or get samples, kindly step the F aside.
- At the gym, when an instructor gives you tips on form, chances are that it’s for your benefit. Or maybe you want to hurt yourself at the gym, I dunno.
- As Charlotte said below in the comments, people blocking aisles with their shopping carts. Would it kill you to put it off to the side, maybe?
In typing this list up, I’ve realised that many of these points are work-related, lol, but some of them are not as well. I’m sure I could sit here and drum up many, many more but I’ll stop right there for today and maybe another day, I’ll add to it.
What drives you nuts?