Happy Friday and Welcome to the ‘What’s up, Weekend?’ Friday Link Up!
For over the last two and a half years, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
- Spending time away with friends at a cottage. Much needed and welcomed with open arms. Last weekend was very much what we both needed. Thanks Chantelle!
- Sitting on the dock in a Muskoka chair, surrounded by nature and just taking it all in. It was bliss.
- Visiting the Aspen Valley Wildlife Sanctuary in Rosseau, Ontario.
- Early mornings in cottage country with fog rolling off the lake.
- Drives home on a Sunday afternoon, after a couple days in cottage country. Coming back home is always nice, too.
- Receiving sponsored goodies and getting to use them so I can report back my opinions. Stay tuned for a review from Baron Fig and Smile Brilliant in the coming weeks.
- Discovering LipSense. This is a game changer! I’ve never been able to claim any long-lasting lipwear actually works on, but this stuff truly does. I love it!
- Mango ginger Stilton cheese. To die for.
- Exchanging recipes with friends.
- Snoring (happy dogs. It is such a feeling of comfort.
- Looking ahead and forward to a couple of weekends with the dogs and house/dog sitting at my mom’s house for ten days. Afterwards,, we have a friend’s wedding, then an IDPA shooting match. It looks like September is shaping up to be quite busy.
- Having both of my boys home. Our place never feels ‘right’ or normal when the dogs aren’t here. Our house is truly not a home without a dog or dogS, plural. lol
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
We haven’t got much planned for our long weekend, to be honest. The dogs are home with us, we have a birthday dinner to go to on Saturday night, I’ve got a few pet visits I’m helping out with and hopefully a ton of rest and relaxation.
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend? Enjoy your Labour Day Long Weekend!
Take care my friends! 🙂
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?