Happy Friday and Welcome to the ‘What’s up, Weekend?’ Friday Link Up!
For almost three years now, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
- Having Charlie and Baxter home all last weekend. It felt great and complete with our furries back again with us. I’m at my mom’s now for a week and a half while she’s in Barbados and then once she’s back, I think Charlie will be coming home for good. (Great timing, eh, hurricane season and my mom is flying down to the Caribbean.)
- My husband.
- Getting together to celebrate a friend’s birthday with her friends and entire family. It was nice to see her family do something nice for her because she’s always the one planning things or dropping things to help out others. She absolutely deserved the recognition and we were happy and grateful to have been included.
- Securing a place to stay down in Barbados for next July. The place we normally stay is being renovated for 5-6 months and long story short, the owner is extending the rates to another property three doors over that is just as, if not more beautiful and awesome than our usual digs. We’re all so, so happy and grateful.
- Happy things/loving this week: my hubby gifting me with an Instant Pot and a pretty Twsbi Eco fountain pen. I also found a dress for our friend’s wedding next weekend.
- Going out exploring new places with Jeff. Last Sunday, we went for a drive exploring, geocaching and taking in some beautiful sights.
- Extra days to clean and do the shit I should’ve done the two previous days of the long weekend. Lol
- One on one walks with the boys. Asides from the obvious, it is such a good bonding time.
- Doing chores and tasks around home together.
- Catching up with friends.
- Going out for a coffee and chat with my boss.
- This guy’s progress :
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
Tomorrow, Jeff is taking his friend out and a few others to celebrate his upcoming wedding next weekend. I’ve got rehab for Charlie at 9 am on Saturday, then a hair cut and highlights, followed by my friend Kelly coming for a long overdue visit. There is a dog festival in town so I’m not sure which day I’ll make it to but one of them for sure. Oh and we also have to go out and buy Jeff a white dress shirt for his suit for the weekend.
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend?
Take care my friends! 🙂
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?