Happy Friday and Welcome to the ‘What’s up, Weekend?’ Friday Link Up!
For three years now, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
- Sleeping with the windows open and waking up to the sweetest breeze in the morning. It’s such a good way to wake up and start the day.
- When I’m sitting on the floor doing my makeup at 6 am and both of the boys come over and cuddle up in my legs. That is precious to me. I cherish moments like those. 🙂
- Finding a random dog on my mom’s front lawn and then not 5 minutes later, finding his owner who didn’t even realise her pup was missing. I was worried for a second there that I’d have to wander the neighbourhood and not find his owner and have to call animal control. Luckily, I got the boston terrier leashed up and walked down the road and she stopped and wagged her tail in one driveway and I knew, or rather I hoped, it was her house. And it was. 🙂
- Girl time with my friend Kelly last weekend. We ate Chinese food, watched TV, ate chips and hung out with the dogs.
- Dog Festivals! They make me so happy. I met a four-month old blue Great Dane named Dallas, a Komondor, a Shiba Inu, several Berners, Newfs and lots of little dogs. I even saw two tri-pod dogs. 🙂 (Post coming later today)
- Listening to the dogs and Jeff softly snore. There’s something really soothing about it. Not to mention the SILENCE. lol
- Dancing with my dogs in the kitchen. 🙂
- Putting my introvert self out there and talking to random strangers at the gym. Complimenting people is always a good way to start a conversation.
- Time to myself when I’m feeling stressed and frustrated or straight up pissed off.
- Jeff is going to kill me but this makes me swoon.
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
Tonight I’ve got two pet visits, and then someone else is working my shift for the weekend so I can go to our friend Alex’s wedding tomorrow. I’ve got to pack up all of our crap and schlep it home because my mom is coming home Saturday night and we will be back late from our friend’s wedding, so we’ll pick up the boys on Sunday. The weather is supposed to continue to be gorgeous throughout the weekend so I’m going to savour all that goodness that, too. 🙂
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend?
Take care my friends! 🙂
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –