Happy Friday and Welcome to the ‘What’s up, Weekend?’ Friday Link Up!
For three years now, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
- Lazy starts to days. It sure beats getting up at 5, before the sun.
- Snuggles with my boys.
- Saying no and not feeling any guilt.
- Meeting new people – at work, in life and at weddings.
- Simple, healthy meals.
- Afternoon naps and eating total junk (totally contradictory to #6).
- Operation OCD cleaning and purging is in full effect these days.
- Doing daily mini workouts with Jeff.
- Lazy afternoons with a good book.
- Enjoying more downtime (weekends), but still being more on top of replying to comments and responding sooner rather than later. I hate having outstanding comments or notifications at all, so I’m trying to get more on top of things.
- My mom coming over for a visit. I couldn’t tell who was more excited, my mom or the dogs. LOL
- Running into friends in the street. It’s always nice to catch up, even if it is brief. 🙂
- Reading. I’ve been mellowing out a lot lately with a book and I’ve actually missed reading, therefore I need to make it more of a priority.
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
We have a busy weekend ahead. I’ve got my usual cat visits twice daily this weekend, on top of visiting Mr. Sedrick, the beautiful Mastiff I did visits for back in August, Jeff is shooting on Saturday, Charlie has a vet appointment for his eyes, then I’ll go meet up with Jeff. Then on Sunday, I’ve got two visits with Sedrick, one first thing and one at 2, but in between that, a friend and I are going to a Lab rescue walk and play date. I won’t be taking the boys but our friend Dina is going to take Lily, her Bichon and we’re going to visit Houston, a beautifully rehomed yellow Labrador retriever that a former friend of ours gave away years ago. This former friend made excuses as to why she couldn’t/shouldn’t have her dog that she had for most of his life so she decided to give him away. He went to a Lab rescue and thankfully a lovely family with another Lab later adopted him. Needless to say, you can take guesses as to why were all not friends anymore (on top of drama and crap with her). Dogs are for LIFE; they are not to be thrown away like a piece of fucking garbage or when you don’t feel like having them anymore. Yet, why is this such a hard concept for so many people to grasp?
Anyways, I’m off on a tangent now and better quit while I’m ahead. Lol!
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend?
Take care my friends! 🙂
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?