Happy Friday and Welcome to the ‘What’s up, Weekend?’ Friday Link Up!
For three years now, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
- Homecoming kisses. Whether I’ve just taken the garbage out, gone to work, been away for two weeks, the kisses and happy tails I get from the dogs is something I cherish and look forward to every single day. How could wagging tails not make you happy, am I right?
- Jeff cleared out and I cleaned out our entire patio over the weekend and it’s like a whole new space. We both love sitting out in the evenings and got rid of the clunky patio furniture.
- Fall colours.
- Celebrating Thanksgiving with family and friends last week. And the cherry on top? It was a three-day long weekend. 🙂
- Looking after these cuties:
- Playing with out friends’ Chihuahuas! One of them is 4 months old. (no pics, he was too squirmy.)
- Evening chats on my pet sitting boss’ porch.
- Pinks and purple at dawn and the fog rising in the fields on my way into Toronto in the mornings. On my hour train ride, the views are pretty gorgeous and some mornings I’m lucky enough to spot a deer or wild turkeys.
- Quiet and stillness.
- Talking to my mom 64 times a day. I just love my mom so much and even if I don’t see her, we always talk to each other multiple times of day.
- Naps on the train to and from work. I think the rocking motion relaxes me and I always wake feeling refreshed no matter if it’s 5 minutes or a 30 minute nap.
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
I’m working my pet sitting job this weekend and hopefully it’ll be fairly easygoing. Stay tuned for a recap of my October pet sitting adventures sometime next week. Other than that, I’ve got nothing else planned.
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend?
Have a great weekend my friends! 🙂
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?