Happy Friday and Welcome to the ‘What’s up, Weekend?’ Friday Link Up!
For three years now, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
- Saturday mornings, coffee in hand and the dogs playing with their squeaky ball.
- Blasting tunes in the car and singing like who gives a shit if I suck and people hear me. 🙂
- Giving things away to people who need them versus making a few bucks. If someone can use it, why not? Being kind never hurts.
- Having a few minutes to myself to unwind and read a few pages from my book.
- Having an actual physical journal. Sure I jot notes on my phone (okay, a lot!), but nothing beats pen and paper for me. Plus I’m loving my LAMI fountain pen that Jeff got me back in August.
- The leaves falling/blowing all over the place. I love the sound of rustling leaves and all the colour changes. Fall is such a pretty time of year.
- Family cuddle time in bed before work. They make for such a nice start to the day.
- Tender kisses from Charlie after hydrotherapy. It’s like they are thank you kisses, it’s so cute.
- Skyping with Charlotte.
- These quotes from Steph’s blog of the women’s conference she went to:
“If you meet someone and they feel you are too much for them, they are right. You do not dim your light for someone else’s.” – Carla Harris
“The names you give people and things matter. Words are power.” – Shonda Rimes
- This article. Ever wondered about the quality of the dog food you’re feeding your canine pal? Look no further at this comprehensive review of healthy dog food. There is a ton of useful information, so make sure to check it out.
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
I have today off to go visit my physiotherapist to see what’s going on with my left – I believe I have a pinched nerve and in the last week, it has gotten much worse. Afterwards, Jeff and I are going up north for the weekend.
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend?
Have a great weekend my friends! 🙂
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?