Happy Friday and Welcome to the ‘What’s up, Weekend?’ Friday Link Up!
For three years now, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
- Getting into to see my physiotherapist twice in the last week has been my saving grace. Holy hannah though, my body is a mess right night. My hips were out of alignment, which was causing pressure in my hip and L1-L3 vertebrae, which was putting pressure on my femoral nerve. I’ve been told to rest for ten days but that has been extended to 14 days, which makes for a sad Lindsay. LOL! But if all this helps me out in the long run, I’ll do it.
- The stars and fresh air up north.
- The colours of fall and exploring Screaming Heads last Saturday with Jeff. More on that soon.
- A Dog’s Purpose. I realize a dog nearly drown in the filming of the movie, but it’s actually a pretty cute movie and I’m not going to lie, I cried a little.
- The picturesque drive home from up north.
- I’m grateful my mom is okay after a fall she had last weekend.
- Working from home on Monday.
- My e-stim, foam roller and lacrosse ball have all been my best friends in the last week. I’m also getting a massage on Saturday morning that I am very much looking forward to.
- Cuddle time on the couch with the boys before they went over to my mom’s house.
- I’m still in love with these quotes from Steph’s blog of the women’s conference she went to earlier this month:
“If you meet someone and they feel you are too much for them, they are right. You do not dim your light for someone else’s.” – Carla Harris
“The names you give people and things matter. Words are power.” – Shonda Rimes
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
This weekend I am not doing much at all on the account that I’m a gimp. LOL. I’ve got to get some cleaning around our place done (badly), I’ve got a massage on Saturday morning to get some of the knots that have formed in my back this week (that are excruciating!!), we may end up visiting our two nieces, Katie and Krysten and beyond that? Who knows. But I plan on being as lazy as possible. 🙂
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend?
Have a great weekend my friends! 🙂
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?