Happy Friday and Welcome to the ‘What’s up, Weekend?’ Friday Link Up!
For three years now, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
- Sleeping in and waking without an alarm, followed up with a full body massage.
- Planning out my bullet journal planner I’m making for 2018. I’ve been having fun doodling and watching YouTube videos for inspiration
- Scenic drives on otherwise rainy, boring days.
- Snuggle parties on the couch on gloomy fall days.
- My husband’s wicked sense of humour. I take life far too seriously most of the time and he always lightens the mood and makes me smile.
- Snuggling in bed for an extra five minutes (or 10 or 15). My bed is always so warm and inviting and getting out of it involves unravelling from my cocoon.
- Spending Halloween with my momma.
- Finally (!!) getting around to posting some fall photos.
- Spinning at the gym this week. It’s not normally what I do, but I’m grateful that at least it is something and we’re heading in the right direction. Taking a bit of a break from going hardcore at the gym for the last six months has been frustrating but my body clearly needs some recovery and downtime.
- Early birthday gifts!
- Running into familiar faces I haven’t seen in years. It’s always nice to catch up.
I’m just going to go ahead and leave these two quotes up, again, because I love them so much. These quotes are taken from Steph’s blog of the women’s conference she went to earlier in October
“If you meet someone and they feel you are too much for them, they are right. You do not dim your light for someone else’s.” – Carla Harris
“The names you give people and things matter. Words are power.” – Shonda Rimes
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
Tonight, were heading up north again for the weekend. Should be interesting to see how the leaves have changed since we were last up there two weeks ago. Sunday night, we move into my mom’s house for 8 days while she’s off to Cuba.
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend?
Have a great weekend my friends! 🙂
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?