A Sentence a Day – October Edition 2

Sentence a Day

Earlier this spring, I stumbled upon Julie’s blog, Julie’s Touch of Style, through our Peaceful Posse Facebook group in one of the daily blog threads and I kind of fell in love with the idea of summarizing each day of the month with one or two sentences, hence the name A Sentence A Day. April’s Sentence a Day post is here if you’d like to read it, May’s is hereJune’s is here, July’s is hereAugust’s is here and lastly, here is September’s.

Leslie is kind enough to organize the link up and it opens up the first Thursday of each and every month. So if you feel like playing along for November, you’d better get started.

Sentence a Day 

The key thing you need to ask yourself is this: If someone asked you how your September was, what would you tell them? And so, this post idea was born.  I can’t keep things brief to a single sentence, so you’ll get a few, mmmkay?  Mmmmkay.

Let’s get started:

Sunday, October 1, 2017 – Dina and I went to a Labrapalooza festival (a Lab festival) and we finally got to see Houston after over five years I guess it’s been since we last saw him.  Later on in the day, I walked Sedrick then home to meal prep, do laundry, walk the dogs and visit the two cats I’m caring for, Stella and Bella.


Monday, October 2, 2017 – Charlie had his 13th hydrotherapy session tonight and the rest of the evening was uneventful.


Tuesday, October 3, 2017 – A busy day at work, there was beautiful weather today and I had a nice evening with Jeff, although I’m super tired today.

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 – What a lovely evening of arguing, yay!!  Totally joking there if you couldn’t’ tell.  My mom came over to get the dogs (her usual Wednesday pick up so she can take Charlie to hydrotherapy on Thursday mornings) and we went to Costco to get a few things.

Thursday, October 5, 2017 – I picked up the dogs from my mom’s house after work while Jeff had a short nap at home.  We didn’t do much other than have dinner, watch some TV and then went to bed.

Friday, October 6, 2017 – I finished all of my Q2 stuff at work and got my mid-year performance review completed which I hate having to do because they are so time consuming).  Later in the evening, we had steak for dinner, we walked both dogs and then watched American Made with Jeff while he made a cheesecake.

Saturday, October 7, 2017 – Jeff made a second cheesecake this morning (for two Thanksgiving dinners) while I went and saw Bella and Stella.  Later on, we went to my mom’s for dinner and then afterwards, we went home to veg and relax (read: digest all that good food).

Fall 2017

Sunday, October 8, 2017 – During the day, we didn’t do too much, but in the evening, we had a second Thanksgiving dinner with our friends, Alex and Norma and some of their family and friends, too.  Lots of people, a great spread of food and good times had by all.  We got home around 10:30 and promptly put on stretchy clothing.  LOL

Charlie and Baxter

Monday, October 9, 2017 – Gosh I love three-day long weekends.  We didn’t do too much at all today other than veg and relax, although we did venture outside to get groceries, walk the dogs, etc.


Tuesday, October 10, 2017 – Charlie had his 14th hydrotherapy session tonight!  Afterwards, we ate and then walked the dogs.  You’d think they had run a marathon by just how tired they were when we got back home. LOL!

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 – ‘Twas a busy night.  Home from work, met up with my friend for a quick coffee, home for dinner then I took the boys over to my mom’s for their usual Wednesday night/Thursday ritual.  Afterwards, got gas, home and then visit with Stella and Bella.

Thursday, October 12, 2017 – I finally made an appointment with my physiotherapist for next week – my leg is killing me and I’m now getting numbness all the way down my leg and into my foot.  I literally spent most of the night on my living room floor crying and laying on a lacrosse ball.

Leg issues

Friday, October 13, 2017 – By the end of the work day, I was pooched and sooo ready for the weekend.  I was emotionally drained and just needed to let it out, so I cried and everything was much better.  I had four pet visits in the evening and then came home, hung out with Jeff for a bit and then passed out just after midnight.


Saturday, October 14, 2017 – I woke at 6:30 a.m. – I have 13 pet visits in total today.  I have breaks that are longer than usual, which is really nice and a change.  I finished my pet visits at 10 p.m. and went back home to hang out with Jeff and went to bed far too late.

Norwich Terrier

Sunday, October 15, 2017 – Today I had 9 pet visits, which isn’t bad at all but I woke up tired and that is never a good way to start the day.  Sunrise was just gorgeous (see below, although the picture does not do it justice).  I finished my pet visits at 9 p.m. but had a 4-hour break mid-day where I got laundry out of the way, made dinner, watched some TV and read my book.

Sunday morning

Monday, October 16, 2017 – Jeff fell asleep on the couch in our living room before 10, so I took the opportunity to enjoy the quiet and uploaded a bunch of pictures and posted a blog post.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 What a night. Had a stupid argument with Jeff and I went and took Charlie to hydrotherapy.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 – I made stuffed peppers for dinner and I was kinda surprised that I didn’t like them. Maybe it was the ground turkey? I should’ve added rice or quinoa? I don’t know. LOL!

Thursday, October 19, 2017 I can’t remember where Jeff went but I came home from work, watched some crap tv and then later went out shopping with my mom.

Friday, October 20, 2017 – I booked today off to go in and get an assessment on my leg. My leg hip was out of alignment, stressing the L1-L3 vertebraes, and then going through that area of the body is the femoral nerve. I was told no explosive movements (all those Grit classes are in this category), no squats, or lunges or anything lower body except spinning and if I do, take it easy and seriously. After my appointment, we headed up north for the weekend.

Saturday, October 21, 2017 –We both woke around 9 and left to go to the gun club. We moved equipment and mocked some of the stages. We then left around 2:30 to go walk around Screaming Heads for a couple of hours to enjoy the beautiful fall scenery.


Screaming Heads

Sunday, October 22, 2017 – Had an early start to the day, we had 10 other about people competing in the match. Stages 4 and 5 were great but one through three were just awful.

Monday, October 23, 2017 – I worked from home today on the account there was a pedestrian fatality on my train line just north of where I board.  I took the car in to get checked for a noise, picked up Jeff from work with the dogs from my mom’s house, and later on we went to hydrotherapy.


Tuesday, October 24, 2017 – My neck and shoulders are killing me today.  I don’t know if it has anything to do with taking a spin class yesterday or being worked on last Friday…Either way, I’m getting broken and old.  I also went to the dentist after work for two fillings and now, on top of everything else, my jaw is now hurting, too. LOL

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 – Today most certainly feels like fall.  Today also feels like it should be a Thursday.  But I digress.  We made pasta in our Instant Pot for dinner and then I snuggled with the boys before taking them over to my mom’s house for a sleepover.

Thursday, October 26, 2017 – I had physiotherapy right after work and then my mom picked me up with the boys in tow.  We had dinner and then our friend, Dina came by for a visit.


Friday, October 27, 2017 – Had a nice and relaxing evening with Jeff after a hectic and long week.

Saturday, October 28, 2017 – In an effort to get better and fix this nerve pain and lower back crap, I made an appointment with my massage therapist to work me over nice and good.  Afterwards, Jeff and I went for a scenic drive on a rainy, otherwise boring day.  Later on, we hunkered down on the couch with our dogs and big blankets. 🙂




Sunday, October 29, 2017 – Today we went downtown to look for fountain pens and bullet journals.  Later on, we did our usual Sunday line up: dinner, laundry, breakfast and lunch prep.


Monday, October 30, 2017 – Today was so windy and cold, I actually contemplated pulling out my winter jacket.  After dinner, I went over to my mom’s for a visit and met the little Chihuahua that she’s looking after for a week.

Sentence a Day

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 – Work was busy, which meant the day went by quickly.  After work, Jeff went up to visit his brother and nephew who was playing a soccer game.  Meanwhile, I went to hydrotherapy with Charlie and hung out with my mom for the evening giving out a few candies to the very few kids that came by.

 And that’s October for you, ladies and gentlemen. Another month gone, just like that and we are seriously getting close to Christmas, it’s frightening. 

I’ll be back next month to recap my November.

Have a great day my friends!

Related Post