Happy Friday and Welcome to the ‘What’s up, Weekend?’ Friday Link Up!
For three years now, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
- Taking our time enjoying the drive the drive up north last weekend. Good thing we did – winter arrived last night and we now have snow. LOL!
- Watching movies and playing cards with Jeff. And losing. lol!
- Our friend Dina stopping by for a visit to see us. Now that she’s moved 30 minutes, we obviously don’t see her as much.
- Discovering we had another night at home before heading to my moms to house sit for a week.
- Seeing just how happy Jeff was to see the dogs. It’s so cute seeing your man love on his dogs.
- Seeing the dogs after five long nights away from them.
- Seeing a man in a full suit just dancing his heart out in the middle of a downtown street like he had no cares in the world. It made me smile HUGE. 🙂
- Going to bed early.
- Meeting with retired colleagues.
I’m just going to go ahead and leave these two quotes up, again, because I love them so much. These quotes are taken from Steph’s blog of the women’s conference she went to earlier in October
“If you meet someone and they feel you are too much for them, they are right. You do not dim your light for someone else’s.” – Carla Harris
“The names you give people and things matter. Words are power.” – Shonda Rimes
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
Well, today is my 34th birthday and I will be celebrating low-key tonight with Jeff. Otherwise, this weekend I am pet sitting, however the schedule is pretty light with only 17 visits all weekend. I guess this is the calm before the holiday season. I cannot believe how close Christmas is, it’s insane. I’m list making and already trying to think of gift ideas.
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend?Have a great weekend my friends! 🙂
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posseand its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?