Happy Friday and Welcome to the ‘What’s up, Weekend?’ Friday Link Up!
For three years now, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
- All of the birthday wishes that I received that Friday and throughout the weekend. Thank you all so much. 🙂 I am so grateful and my heart is so full.
- Birthday gifts that Jeff got me: a Garmin smart watch that I LOVE! He also had a beautiful bouquet of flowers sent to my work, which was something he’s never done in the fifteen years we’ve been together. It was so thoughtful and definitely a nice surprise. 🙂
- Snuggles on a cold, wintery (yes I said winter) mornings.
- Sharing apples with the boys. 🙂
- Having an easygoing weekend of pet visits.
- Getting back home to our place after house/dog sitting over at my mom’s for a week.
- Jeff baking a key lime cheesecake for a charity bake sale at my work. I’m so proud of him and his love of baking.
- Attending a doggy social/happy/yappy hour at a local brewery with my mom. It was put on by my boss’ pet sitting compant and the brewery and is such a fun of event where you can mingle with your four-legged friends. 🙂
LOVE these quotes! These quotes are taken from Steph’s blog of the women’s conference she went to earlier in October
“If you meet someone and they feel you are too much for them, they are right. You do not dim your light for someone else’s.” – Carla Harris
“The names you give people and things matter. Words are power.” – Shonda Rimes
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
I am going away for a girls weekend up in a skiing town and heading to the spa; I’m very much looking forward to it. Jeff is heading up north to target shoot and my momma has the pups.
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend? Have a great weekend my friends! 🙂
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posseand its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?