Happy Friday and Welcome to the ‘What’s up, Weekend?’ Friday Link Up!
For three years now, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
- Andrea temporarily fixing my phone last weekend for approximately 18 hours. I was grateful for all the efforts to MacGyver my phone and all the times phones were lent for me to use.
- A weekend away with friends It was good company, we drank our faces off, relaxed at the spa and enjoyed some good food. I’m so glad we do this once or twice a year. 🙂
- Seeing my pups after four nights away from them. They also got groomed last Friday so it was nice to come home to some handsome fluffers.
- Changing up some furniture in our living room. It feels like a totally new space.
- Taking a mental health day on Monday. So, so needed and worth it.
- Seeing some old, familiar faces at hydrotherapy on Tuesday evening. We hadn’t seen them since Charlie had his first CCL surgery over two years ago, so it was nice to catch up with her.
- Going our for a belated birthday dinner at this delicious Mexican restaurant in town.
- Playing cards in the evening with Jeff.
- Fresh linen.
- Thinking ahead to this weekend and getting to see some gorgeous show dogs again. 🙂 🙂
From last year’s show.
And lastly: LOVE these from Steph’s blog of the women’s conference she went to earlier in October
“If you meet someone and they feel you are too much for them, they are right. You do not dim your light for someone else’s.” – Carla Harris
“The names you give people and things matter. Words are power.” – Shonda Rimes
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
I’m so excited to be going to the Royal Canin Dog Show this weekend!!! We went last year and it was so much fun seeing a ton of different dog breeds but most especially, the Bichon fluffs and the Great Danes. 🙂
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend? Have a great weekend my friends! 🙂
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?