Happy Friday and Welcome to the ‘What’s up, Weekend?’ Friday Link Up!
For three years now, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small. This week has been especially trying for me, so practicing this exercise has been good for my mind, heart and soul.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
- Going to the dog show last weekend with my mom and Jeff.
- Things like: new bras, new make-up, salted caramel butterscotch mocha lattes with coconut milk and beginning my Christmas shopping
- Attending the surprise 65th birthday/retirement party for our friend’s mom. The look on her face coming into the house was priceless!
- Falling asleep with a snuggling dog is the best feeling in the world. I can have the shittiest day and they always put a smile on my face.
- My co-workers that surprised me and another co-worker with birthday cakes at a department meeting. I thought it was super thoughtful and kind of them.
- Leaning on my mom when I need her.
- I’m super grateful to have so many of YOU guys out there that reach out when I’m feeling like garbage. Sometimes I feel so alone and getting messages, emails and comments really makes me see that I’m not and that I’m loved. Thank you. <3
- Painting my nails and meditating (with puppy kisses in between – never a dull moment with Charlie and Baxter. :))
- A walk to myself with a nice salted caramel butterscotch mocha latte just because.
- Hearing from a former manager at the hydrotherapy place and hearing he’s doing well. We really miss seeing his face on Monday and Tuesday nights.
- November was a great month for blog posting – although I didn’t make it every day like I had hoped for Nano Poblano, I certainly posted a heck of a lot more than usual and I’m proud of that.
And lastly: LOVE these from Steph’s blog of the women’s conference she went to earlier in October
“If you meet someone and they feel you are too much for them, they are right. You do not dim your light for someone else’s.” – Carla Harris
“The names you give people and things matter. Words are power.” – Shonda Rimes
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
Tonight Jeff is going up north for the night and to the gun club tomorrow, so I’ve got the place to myself and the pups. Sunday, not sure what we’ll get up to, but of course the usual errands, meal prep, laundry will be happening.
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend? Have a great weekend my friends! 🙂
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?