Happy Friday and Welcome to the ‘What’s up, Weekend?’ Friday Link Up!
For three years now, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small. This week has been especially trying for me, so practising this exercise has been good for my mind, heart and soul.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I always, always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So, I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
- Talking to friends of ours in Scotland and we may actually end up seeing them next July down in Barbados.
- The photo booth from our work Christmas party.
- Hanging out last Saturday afternoon with our friend Bruce.
- Pinning cookie recipes and packaging ideas for an upcoming cookie exchange.
- Going to a tree farm last weekend with our friends to pick out their Christmas tree. As much as I love a real tree, I’m so allergic to them. We browsed the little shop and we both bought some ornaments and Christmas gifts. I’m starting to finally feel Christmas-y.
- Five more minutes of morning snuggles before getting up to get ready for work.
- Finalizing our Christmas cards with Shutterfly (post coming as soon as I get ours). I ordered them a bit late but you know the saying, better late than never. 🙂
- Coming up with holiday baking plans for an upcoming cookie exchange and for family. I’m so excited to make Jeff’s mom’s Christmas treats and I even came up with a DIY Dog cookie gift that I’m excited to share later next week.
- Watching Jeff dote on the dogs. I melt when he crawls over to them and smothers them with kisses and whispers. 🙂
- Being kind to others for no reason. And smiling. Smiling goes a long way and is often contagious.
- Meeting the two whippets that my mom has been looking after all week.. I have a sleepover with them tonight because my mom gets picked up real early for Barbados and the whippet’s parents don’t get home til Saturday morning.
- More sleep. For awhile there, I was only getting 4-5 hours of sleep a night and now I’m getting anywhere from 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 hours and I can feel the difference.
GREAT QUOTES from Steph’s blog of the women’s conference she went to earlier in October of this year:
“If you meet someone and they feel you are too much for them, they are right. You do not dim your light for someone else’s.” – Carla Harris
“The names you give people and things matter. Words are power.” – Shonda Rimes
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
I am pet sitting this weekend and it isn’t too busy, which is good because I hope to get some Christmas gifts, some crafts for a DIY and I hope to get some baking in.
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend?
Have a great weekend my friends! 🙂
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?