Happy Friday and Welcome to the What’s up, Weekend? Friday Link Up!
For well over three years now, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally findmakes me more mindful, gracious and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I somehow always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. SoI hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
- My osteopath. I met her last week and have been since back to see her and oh my god, what a difference. I should’ve been seeing her all along.
- Seeing sweet Maggie last Friday night. Maggie is an old gal and I’ve been visiting her for over five years now and she’s really struggling. The family is starting to think of making that difficult decision and so I I wanted to make sure that I saw her one last time. And boy was she as happy as the day I met her. I just love her. I really feel so honoured to be a part of all of these animals’ lives. It really is a blessing and even though it hurts losing them, I am a better human being having known these kind and gentle souls. Dogs are just the best. 🙂
- Getting a nice note from a pet client.
- Our Christmas tree is up and decorated! 🙂
- Getting our DIY homemade dog treats baked and sampled (thanks to Charlie and Baxter). Stay tuned for some homemade dog treat recipes this weekend!
- Moments of stillness and quiet, on a cold, wintery day.
- Talking to my mom on Facetime down in Barbardos.
- This quote, as seen on Lecy’s blog:
“The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don’t always spoil the good things and make them unimportant.” Dr. Who
- Seeing others practise kindness and compassion.
- Attending my pet sitting’s company’s client/staff appreciation party. 🙂
GREAT QUOTES from Steph’s blog of the women’s conference she went to earlier in October of this year:
“If you meet someone and they feel you are too much for them, they are right. You do not dim your light for someone else’s.” – Carla Harris
“The names you give people and things matter. Words are power.” – Shonda Rimes
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
We were supposed to have gone to our friend’s cookie exchange shin dig this Saturday evening but plans quickly changed Wednesday night and so instead we are going to their place for dinner. Sunday will be errands day and getting all of our ducks in a row for Christmas. I’m tying up all loose ends because I refuse to be out shopping next week in the hoards of people.
What about YOU? What do you have planned for this weekend?
Have a great weekend my friends! 🙂
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?