Happy Friday and Welcome to the What’s up, Weekend? Friday Link Up!
For well over three years now, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I somehow always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
- Having a really nice conversation with a pet sitting client and having them thank me so much for connecting them with their dear Murphy. You see, Murphy used to have another owner and she worked long hours and was out of the house so much of the day that she thought it wasn’t fair to him and so she thought it best to find him a better home and we helped her find them. He’s now been with his new forever family for a few years and is happy as a clam. 🙂
- My boss put on a holiday brunch last Friday morning and it was so sincere. It was very much appreciated.
- Receiving (and sending) Christmas cards.
- Spending an evening with friends.
- Waking up last Sunday morning to a tray of sweet potatoes Jeff had so lovingly made me (for the dogs) late the night before. It was so sweet of him.
- Watching National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. I love Clark Griswold. 🙂
- Lush’s Ocean Salt Scrub.
- I’m loving that I’m slowly switching over to more natural products, whether it’s beauty products or for the condo, I feel good about the switch.
- Riding the train home Wednesday evening with my friend Tara.
- Spreading joy and kindness.
- Great news from my osteopath. After three visits, I’ve seen more progress than in two months in physiotherapy. She’s really figured out the source of the problem (L3-L5 not L1-L3 like the physiotherapist suggested) and because of an extremely tight psoas muscle, I have flexion in my hips and extension in my upper back compensation for all the junk. The numbness, radiating heat and twinges are just a by-product of the actual problem. I haven’t been in pain for two weeks (although I am achy in the muscle ache sense) and I’ve been given the go-ahead to start trying some of the old stuff I was doing at the gym and just listening to how my body reacts. 🙂 I’m so, so happy. I’m not 100% but I’m getting there. All I have to say is that the body is an incredible thing and with subtle tweaks, it can do amazing things and heal itself on its own pretty darn good.
My favourite quotes of 2017, courtesy of Steph when she attended a women’s conference back in October of this year:
“If you meet someone and they feel you are too much for them, they are right. You do not dim your light for someone else’s.” – Carla Harris
“The names you give people and things matter. Words are power.” – Shonda Rimes
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
We’ve got a ton of things to do on Saturday, such as wrap gifts, I have some pet visits I’m helping out with and we are going to a fundraiser in honour of a lady that passed away from cancer and all proceeds are being donated to charity. Oh and baking. We’ve got some baking to do and I’ve got to make more sweet potato dog treats. As for Sunday, relax and chill and then on Monday morning, we’ll head up to my brother-in-law’s for Christmas morning and then head back down our way to see my mom and step-dad in the late afternoon/evening.
What about YOU? Do you have many relatives and friends to visit or does everyone come to visit you for Christmas?
Have a great weekend and Merry Christmas my friends! Sending my very best wishes to you and yours. 🙂
– – –
If you haven’t already joined and would like to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?