Happy Friday and Welcome to the What’s up, Weekend? Friday Link Up!
Welcome to the Happy Friday link-up that Charlotte, from My Pixie Blog, Beth from The Beth Next Door and I host call, ‘What’s up, Weekend?’ It’s the last Friday of 2017!!! I hope you have some fun things planned for NYE, whether that’s sitting in front of the TV, going out to a party or just relaxing in your own merry way!
For well over three years now, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I somehow always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
- Lola the Pitbull. I saw her story on the Dodo and fell in love with her. Check her out! 🙂
- I had five days off and let me tell you it was G L O R I O U S!!! Waking up without an alarm is something wonderful.
- Making NYE plans with our friends Tara and Erik.
- Celebrating Christmas with family.
- Going to a charity event in honour of an acquaintance that passed away from cancer this year. It was dog related and we won a ton of things in the raffle and we donated some to a charity in return, which I thought was a nice gesture in thanks for all that we got and have.
- Winter sunsets and sunshine on freezing cold days!! Holy smokes has it ever been cold here!!
- Unplugging for days. Do it, I recommend it. 🙂
- Spending an afternoon up at our friend Dina’s new house. We had dinner with her, watched a movie and the dogs ran around having fun together. It was super nice to catch up with her.
- Heat, warm clothes and hot water. God damn, it has been cold here. (I know I already said that.)
- Winter solstice is past us, which means more sunlight is upon us going forward. Yahooo!
- Loafing around in my pyjamas with zero cares in the world.
- Although it meant leaving the house (okay, it had to happen eventually), I got a massage and some cupping done last night and it was/is a perfect way to end the week.
My favourite quotes of 2017, courtesy of Steph when she attended a women’s conference back in October of this year:
“If you meet someone and they feel you are too much for them, they are right. You do not dim your light for someone else’s.” – Carla Harris
“The names you give people and things matter. Words are power.” – Shonda Rimes
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
I may be doing a few pet visits this weekend to help out so we shall see, otherwise we’re not up to too much other than heading over to our friends’ for new years eve and then having new years day dinner with my mom and step-dad. It’s a three day weekend and that’s’ all I care about, let’s be honest here. LOL!
What about YOU?
Have a safe and Happy New Years! All the best for 2018! 🙂
– – –
If you want to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?