Last year, our chill blogging group that goes by the name of Peaceful Posse launched a monthly link up called Mantras, Goals & Currently. It’s pretty self-explanatory – share any mantras, goals and/or currently’s for the month.
For those that missed the details explained earlier this year, the link-up opens up the first Monday of each month and will remain open for 14 days. So for this month, it opens up today (Monday, January 2nd) and it will close at midnight on Monday, January 16th.
It is totally up to you on how you want to layout or structure your posts. Do whatever works for you, how about that? 🙂
So here goes my update on my December Goals and then we’ll get crackin’ on January’s mantras, goals and currently.
Let’s take a look at what my Goals for the month of December were and their results:
- Look at the weeks of December and determine where we are (housesitting at my mom’s while she goes to Barbados (again!) for a week, holiday plans, etc.) so I can plan accordingly for our meals. Meal planning has been here and there at best. We’ve had many holiday parties and dinners we’ve recently attended so we haven’t had to cook as much, which has been SO nice. 🙂
- Try to be and stay as centered and calm as I can. Less stress is the goal for this upcoming holiday season. We tried to get as much done as possible before the crunch, and it wasn’t so bad. Battling crowds and grouchy people were at an all time high though.
- Try to be as positive as possible. No matter what. Rise above. I’ve tried my best and when possible, just laughed instead of getting angry.
- Continue the reading kick and find a new author to delve into. Success! I’ve read three books in the last month.
- Get organized and get started with my 2018 bullet journal. Definitely making strides here (I’m done up to April now, for my own and also my husband’s bullet journal.
- Get outdoors more. I tend to want to hibernate when the colder weather comes, so sometimes I have to force myself out a bit more. I’ve tried to but lately, holy banana it’s COLD here, like -17 Celsius with no wind chill factored into that. Aka, any wind hitting your face makes it feel like it’s going to fall off!
Mantras for January
“She remembered who she was and the game changed.” – Lalah Delia (Thank you for this beautiful quote, Lecy.)
- Do good things for, or to others, just because.
- Start responding to blog comments and emails in a more more efficient and timely fashion.
- Incorporate yoga into my life as a staple. Find some classes and times that work for my schedule. My body needs it and both my body and body will thank me for it.
- Meal plan more efficiently and stick to it.
Reading…Heather’s usual Surfing Sunday posts that I usually enjoy and Stuart Woods Quick And Dirty.
Playing… Words with Friends.
Watching…Shameless, El Chapo, The Day I met El Chapo, Wormwood, Total Divas.
Trying… to get back into the swing of things at the gym after the holidays.
Cooking… green pasta.
Eating… an english muffin with strawberry jam. Yay carbs. Lol!
Drinking…Still drinking water like a mad man and I’m also double-fishing a coffee.
Calling… no one. I’m trying to not use my phone as much and I’ve been a recluse with these freezing ass temperatures we’ve had in the last three weeks.
Pinning… inspirational/motivational quotes, cute outfits.
Tweeting… National Geographic and Cites tweets.
Going… to the store to get some groceries to tide us over the NY holiday.
Loving… Jolly Ranchers, gift cards, coupons for mad $$$ off, my bullet journal and time off. It’s been truly wonderful and has recharged my soul.
Hating… idiot drivers.
Discovering… a new Crossfit style gym later in January called F45. It’s far too expensive for my taste but you bet your ass I’m taking advantage of the free two week pass.
Thinking… about what 2018 will bring.
Hoping (for)… no pains or twinges once I get back to doing some HIIT at the gym. SO excited to add some of that back into my routine. Huge thanks goes to my osteopath who has been magic for me.
Listening (to)… tv in the background.
Celebrating… the holidays and the new year.
Smelling… bacon and coffee.
Thankful… for heat and hot water. Yep, definitely thankful for those two things because holy shit man is it ever freaking cold here. Like, sun is shining looks beautiful out. But it’s -19 Celsius outside. Eeek!
Considering… switching up the gym routine and seeing how my body responds.
Starting… a new book, one by Gillian Flynn I’ve had forever but haven’t read, and I’m waiting for a new Stuart Woods that comes out tomorrow.
Finishing… my bullet journal, almost there!! 🙂
– – – – –
If you want to link up, do so below. Link up any goals, mantras or currently posts. Make sure to visit some of the other blogs and show them some love, too.