Happy Friday and Welcome to the What’s up, Weekend? Friday Link Up!
For well over three years now, Fridays have always been (and always will be) a place where I reflect on the happy and grateful things in our lives, but more specifically from the last week. To expand upon that, this link-up is now open to any post that relates to happy things, happy lists, gratitude lists, faves of the week or it could also be your practice to greet the weekend with a bang/open arms. Whatever your choice is, have fun with it. But please remember that any links that are just simply “dumped” or if your blog post does not mesh with our theme, it will be deleted.
For me personally, sometimes all it takes are gentle reminders of things that have made me grateful or appreciative during the week. We live in a world full of conflict, disaster, chaos, poverty, famine, and tragedy – you name it. Reflecting on the positive, I personally find, makes me more mindful and appreciative of all things, big and small.
You can be having the worst of weeks but I somehow always manage to find things to be happy or grateful for. So I hope writing out your lists makes you happy, too!
**When adding your blog post link, please remember that this is not a link dump; if it is not an appropriate link, it will be deleted.**
– – – – –
Grateful and Happy things of the Week:
- Having a quiet moment to myself in the morning, book in one hand, coffee in the other. 🙂
- The dogs comforting Jeff the last week while he’s been sick. I think in the 15 years we’ve been together, this has been the worst he’s ever been. This flu is crazy.
- Home-cooked meals on blistering cold days.
- New outfits to work.
- Puppies at work! Our building landlord arranged to have a pop-up puppy park in our lobby on Monday. It is a pilot program for the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health to help combat the supposedly bluest Monday in January, or the winter. In any event, who doesn’t love puppies? I went downstairs twice for some love. 🙂
- Celebrating Baxter’s 10th birthday on Monday. Love my little love bug so much!
- Early nights to bed.
- My mom graciously paying for Charlie’s next round of eight hydrotherapy sessions. He’s now 6 months post-op and has been to 40-some odd sessions in the hydro tank. And he’s still loving it. 🙂
- Productive work weeks.
- That it’s FRIDAY! Such a busy, long, draining week. I’m definitely ready for the weekend. Are you?
What are YOU happy or grateful for this week?
Jeff has been sick since last Friday and I’ve been fighting a sore throat all week, feeling sub-par, so I’m hoping to get as much rest as possible this weekend so by Monday I feel my regular self. I have a baby shower on Saturday that I really, really want to go to, but I really don’t think it’s wise to take germs to a house full of people if I’m feeling like a bag of crap, not to mention no one needs to get sick, least of all the momma-to-be. I’m hoping that this will pass, though. Sunday, who knows. We’ll see.
Have a great one! 🙂
– – –
If you want to join an amazing group of supportive bloggers, look no further. It’s called The Peaceful Posse and its intended purpose is to be a safe and supportive place for bloggers to come hang out, share their posts, interact with others and much more. Come on over and join us! We’d love to have you. 🙂
– – –
Want to hop in on the fun?